Agnostic.com

13 4

A little help on writing the best profile.

I have the worst time understanding what makes a great profile for the best reading and/or a profile that will elicit a response from more than the occasional outlier. What advice can I get on the subject?

Bookforge 5 Apr 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I should take my own advice, because I see my profile is pretty awful. Can anyone lend a hand with it?

If you had a friend describe you, what would they say? What is it about yourself that you find most important? Remember, if you're looking for a partner, she (or he) will know soon enough, so don't pretend. Online, if I see, "Like wine and travel and am looking for my partner in crime," I give it a pass, because that is so damn generic as to say nothing. Mention a bit about what you're looking for, because you know better than anyone else. Also, be a little bit site specific. My profile here is a lot different from Bumble, which is a bit different from Tinder. I want to make friends as well as find someone here, and people can get to know me from reading through my post replies, so the difference is warranted.

I assume you mean dating profile.
1st you're a guy, so be prepared to make 1st contact. You do want to increse your odds after all.
Make it interesting, but leave some intrigue, such that someone would want to know more.
The goal of the profile is to encourage a meeting. Meetings are where you decide what you like and dislike about each other.
Don't lie in your profile, you won't gain by it.

I read through your profile. You’re very honest and that’s a good thing. Being single and looking for someone myself, perhaps I read from a different perspective as some of the other commenters, but my first thought is that you seem extremely busy in your life right now, and those reading your profile might think you don't have the time for dating or to devote to a relationship. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s great that you have gone back to school and I don’t think you should cut back or quit just to find a significant other, I’m just trying to give a suggestion as to why your profile may only be getting the occasional response.

Honesty is usually the best policy and seem up beat no one wants to be drug into a world full of sad baggage.

I tried to let my personality show in my bio. Be honest, be yourself.

Your profile is an advertisement to help you meet the kind of woman you want to date. The best profiles are well written, upbeat and interesting, with a dash of humor. Your first paragraph should be short and upbeat, and say something positive about you.

Internet dating is a written, visual medium. Correct spelling and grammar are important because it shows you care about details. Write in short paragraphs. Nobody wants to read a wall of words.

Describe your best characteristics and strengths, activities you enjoy, and what you are looking for in a relationship. Talk a little about the type of woman you want to meet using personality traits.

Tell a few short, funny stories about yourself that show your personality and sense of humor. Avoid anything negative. Nobody wants to date a negative person.

Describe activities you enjoy and would enjoy doing with a woman.

this from the lady who has an awesome profile.

Rugglesby, Thank you. Unfortunately we can't caption our photos on Agnostic.com. If we could, I would add:

"Caption and date each photo- giving the location and year- to make your photos more interesting and clear."

Use humor in captions. For example....

You can see a dime in the back pocket. August 2017

Include details about your experience or expertise on certain professions/careers.

Yes, be yourself, be authentic. Skip the negativity.

Don't lie

Be your authentic self. Concisely describe you as a person; likes, dislikes, favorite quotes, interests, hobbies, etc.

Make it short and sweet, with just enough info on you and your beliefs to make it tantalizing.

I think , in a profile, just let the thoughts flow. and it can be added to as time goes on. But, I feel the thing that gets my attention more than anything on here is answering the questions in these discussions.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:52458
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.