Agnostic.com

3 5

[aarp.org]

Covid 19 changes grieving .

sassygirl3869 9 Aug 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can attest to this. My mother died of COVID on Monday. None of her family had seen her in person since early March. In addition to the loss, we feel angry and robbed of the opportunity to say goodbye to her in person.

So sad. They don't care. They care about the election and the statute of limitations on his crimes.

I would guess the inability to visit sick and dying loved ones, mentioned only once in the article, would add a whole new dimension to the grief process. I know plenty about grief and grieving, but I can't begin to imagine this aspect being added to it.

That is probably one of the most devastating things about this virus distancing. Loved ones dying in hospitals and those who love them not able to be there and say their goodbyes. And some can be in the hospital for weeks or months with no in person visits. My cousin lost her father. He was lucky his wife was able to be with him because she was positive as well. She survived, he didn’t. And their kids couldn’t be there to support either of them. Now the mother is by herself dealing with the loss of her husband of 60 years no longer being there.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524638
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.