Agnostic.com

7 0

Who is the main inspiration for you to be a atheist?

iamsuni 3 Aug 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's a good answer.

For me, it is not a who, but but realization that most (if not all) the thousands of religious "flavors" all think that they are the only ones with the "TRUTH" and getting/deserving everlasting life in "heaven". They can't all be 'right'.

jehova!

My Mother. From the stagnant ‘heartland’ of the USA, she escaped, eventually instilling the concept of Atheism in her children. Her first, I got the largest helping.

Madalyn Murray O’Hair, the woman who stopped forced prayer in the US schools became my second beacon on the subject. Her son Jon, and adopted (bio granddaughter) daughter, Robin, by her side..

Though not having to escape religion, I’ve had to confront it’s ugliness. Still do 🙂

Varn Level 8 Aug 19, 2020

Did not need inspiration, contact with religion itself, especially with my religiously inspired schooling was enough.

Bertrand Russell has been a huge influence on my mode thinking generally

ditto.

No-one. People are inspired or indoctrinated to accepted religion. To deny it for me was a personal choice. A logical one.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:525940
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.