Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK Our platform - The People's Party

A new inclusive political party is forming.

AstralSmoke 8 Aug 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Strong Unions are a great way for lazy people to make good without being fired.

I agree, we need to bring back unions, but they also need to be controlled to keep them on task.

@AstralSmoke they need to be eliminated so that people can work to become successful and put the business owner out of business if he/she/it/whatever treats his/her/it/whatever people badly.

Unions keep people in power to look out for what they see is in your best interest.

Capitalism lets them be over thrown and overtaken for what you see is in your best interests.

Unions are for sheep.

@CourtJester I disagree. Unions are to protect the working class and insure they are treated well and are not abused and taken advantage of by the 'owners'. In the past union leaders became too influential and abusive. That was one reason they have become less and less potent. We need unions, but they need to be limited in their influence.

I agree with all their platform policies. This idea should proceed forward, because it's clear the Dem Party will never promote or enact any of these policies. We need to unify all the tiny parties that are left of center in the US into one party, hopefully this is it.

They've been organizing for two years and seem to have a good footing. You should follow them. I am.

@AstralSmoke The Sanders experience the last two cycles proves that the Dem party is useless and it's time for everyone to the left of them to unify and run candidates that are openly progressive. Fuck the Dems and don't wait on AOC running as some sort of savior in 2028 as a Dem, which is what some people will be waiting on. If she refuses to run as a third party candidate for prez, that will tell you all you need to know about whether she is the real thing as a progressive or just another sheepdog like Bernie turned out to be.

@TomMcGiverin I gave up on the two party system a few years back. I wasn't surprised how the dems treated Bernie after see what they did to him last time.

I find it pretty amazing how people tell me there is zero chance a third party can survive. There has to be a way! Our two party system doesn't work, at least for me.

Two good steps would be: getting rid of the Electoral College and removing lobbyist money from political candidates' pockets.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:526508
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.