Agnostic.com

7 2

Would you volunteer to be given a trial vaccination against Covid_19, and then, after a month, to be deliberately infected with it?
What do you say to these people?
[bbc.com]

Petter 9 Aug 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If it would help humanity, yes.

I strive Never to be the first on my block to get any new product, I wait for the "new, improved" version about a year later...you know, the first version where TV lawyers are running ads to drag you into class-action lawsuits because now your ears are purple?

I have volunteered for a vaccine study here in my city. There is no plan (that I know of) to deliberately infect test subjects with live virus. The testing methodology will test for presence of antibodies at intervals after the vaccination.

Only the oxford vaccine has reached that point - perhaps.

@Petter Perhaps. They haven't called me since May.

@BitFlipper You would have to be living in UK to take part in the Oxford Challenge trial.

@Petter It's a different trial, different medical school, different pharmaceutical company.

@BitFlipper I know. The Oxford vaccine research is well advanced. Be great if it could be proven effective by Christmas.

@Petter still, I don't think it's time for other projects to be halted.

@BitFlipper Oh No!!! The more projects and vaccine variations, the better. Think of it this way. Vaccine A is super effective with 80% of the people, so are vaccines B and C. However. The 80% covered by A is only covered 70% by B, because the remaining 10% are part of the 20% not covered by A. etc.
So subtle differences make each vaccine better for certain people.

I have so many drug allergies not in this lifetime.

No. As a developer of veterinary vaccines for corona, I distrust the safety until proven. Safety is where these are being fast tracked. Some corona vaccines have resulted in much more severe disease upon subsequent exposure. This one is bad enough as it is.

Zster Level 8 Aug 21, 2020

Which one? The Oxford vaccine?

@Petter I did not reference any human vaccine, was stating that vaccines for certain coronas make clinical disease in ANIMALS worse, was thinking of feline infectious peritonitis. Many Resp Syncytial virus (nota corona) vaccs tested in humans also potentiate disease upon exposure. I WANT to be able to get a safe effective COVID vaccine, but will wait on sufficient safety data.

He's young, and I'd say "thank you," and I hope it doesn't cause you any regret.

good luck.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:526691
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.