Agnostic.com

13 1

What Are Your Reading Preferences?

My mom was a librarian until I was 27, so I grew up in the library.

I’m just really interested in what others like to read.

• 12 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 14 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 1 vote
Annaleda 8 Nov 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I bet myself a dollar that this would be a SF group and it turns out I was right!

I checked adventure, as it covers Sci-fi, crime, thriller and historical within it.

I AM a librarian, and I can't choose just one!!!

What a great job to have!

My favourite book of all time is the Silmarillion, and the Lord of the Rings, the Farseer saga and A Song of Ice and Fire are my top three book series, so it would have to be fantasy.

people who choose non fiction are either rabid biography readers or people who don't read much, I've got a science degree, I've probably read more non fiction then fiction. but my preference is always going to be a genre of fiction. if you're choosing non fiction your demonstrating your lack of preference to reading as an art form and a pass time.

admittedly there may be 2 or 3 people here on their 3rd or 4th PHD who genuinely do enjoy non fiction to them i add an exception.

I read nonfiction all the time. Reference, instruction, biographical.

Just because you have a science degree, you are not a better ‘reader’ than others. I definitely don’t think my science degrees make me a better bibliophile than others. I really take exception to your comment.

I especially don’t want to be lumped in with you as a geologist or paleontologist. Giving a bad taste to our profession.

i wasn't commenting on the quality of the reading, as i said i've no doubt that there are a few biography fans out there, this was not a slight against them for them i say good for you.
This was more a comment that a lot of people will select non-fiction, because it makes them feel smart to believe they read better content then others. whilst people who read a lot for fun mostly have a fiction genre they actually prefer.

I read literary fiction. It isn't one of the choices.
Still an interesting question.
Thanks.

I selected crime, but I should say that I love reading all those genres, and do...except for romance.

And sci-fi, crime, thrillers and historical.

I read Science Fiction. I write Science Fiction. Those are at the top of my list, but I read almost anything, including warning labels on products. Not romance, though.

I really cannot just pick one. Five would have been more accurate. (sci-fi, fantasy, nonfiction, historical, AND romance).

Zster Level 8 Nov 25, 2017

Arg. I wish you could pick more than one in a poll.

What? No erotica? I guess that's a subset of "Fantasy." 😉

I considered it a type of romance. (;

Okay, my real answers: science fiction, fantasy, thriller, and adventure.

I voted non-fiction, but we're only allowed to pick one or I would probably have to go with everything but romance.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5268
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.