Agnostic.com

3 6

LINK High Number Of Mail-In And Absentee Primary Ballots Rejected : NPR

Seems as of as much as Trump is worrying about this, it may be the best way for him to win again. I urge you all to put on that mask, keep your distance, bring your own pen, and wash your hands before and after you go PHYSICALLY vote. Our country, our freedom, nor our people can survive another 4 years of his abuse of power.

Amzungu 8 Aug 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Even though Democratic-leaning voters appear to be most at risk of having their mail-in ballots rejected . . . "

If voters are not notified of rejection, who/how/why is this known/reported ?
If they are notified prior to deadline, are they allowed to correct flaw(s) ?

I don't know how or even if voters are notified. The data referenced in the article was gathered by the retrospective investigational study authors, though they stated not all states provided their data.

@Amzungu I understand (and loathe) that the political parties want lists of ''leaning' voters, but I don't know why states would publicize the 'partisanship' differences.

@FearlessFly I don't see where any partisan info on the rejected votes was gathered, only some demographic info. The only partisan statement I saw was in reference to the fact that more Democratic voters are interested in mail in voting this year than Republican, based on a separate poll.

Is this really a problem in the US. That's not Democracy you guys have. I despair why i see this happening.

I'm a poll worker and a big admirer of the Oklahoma voting system both in person and absentee. I feel confident if you live in Oklahoma your mail in ballot will be counted. Every state has their own system so I mention it depends on that system.

And I agree....if it's at ALL feasible! But...photos of those long lines/people waiting for hours are intimidating. I'd also urge those who vote by mail to TRIPLE CHECK your ballot before sending it in.

No more intimidating than another 4 years. I'm not saying it's going to be easy, but considering the majority of past rejected ballots are from first time mail in voters, I think it's a risk worth taking if at all possible. Even if tripled checked for accuracy, how do we know what signature they're comparing it to? I know mine has significant variables over time and repetition. I'm not willing to take that chance.

@Amzungu As I said...you're right and I agree with you. We need to talk to friends, neighbors and see if they have issues we can help resolve...ride to the polls, dropping off ballots, etc. I'm going to be a poll worker again this year and hope to help everyone get their vote cast!

@LucyLoohoo I like the way you think! I'm still very worried about this elections results. We need every possible vote cast to count!!

@Amzungu That's why I'm going to help--just in case there are cops or GOP members or whomever...we'll know how to deal with the intrusion! (Not that I expect it in "Placid Pasadena"...but, you never know.)

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:526822
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.