Agnostic.com

77 10

Do animals have "souls"

I've heard religious people say animals don't have souls, although I view the "soul" as the energy that is within us all, I believe this to be an untrue statement. I would think that we most likely run on the same energy just a different vessel. Was recently in a debate over this and made the points of; does a dog not dream, does it not show affection, does it not have a desire for treats? Ect.. Point being they share the same emotional reactions so I would believe if the "soul" is a real thing I would say animals have one too.

• 45 votes
  • 62 votes
Bloodmoon 5 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

77 comments (76 - 77)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you ever have a dog or any animal you will believe beyond the shadow of doubt that they have a soul.
My best love to dogs, cats and all animals.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "soul." "Soul" in the poetic sense, yes. In the sense that when they die they still exist and have experiences in another plane of existence, no. My animals have vibrant personalities and character, but I don't use the word "soul" to describe them.

And neither do humans.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:52686
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.