Forbidden words: people and no one

Ten thousand ___ maybe more
____ talking without speaking
____ hearing without listening
____ writing songs that voices never shared
____ dared disturb the sound.

AstralSmoke 8 Nov 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ten thousand brainwashed maybe more
They all were talking without speaking
And they were hearing without listening
And some were writing songs that voices never shared
Because no brainwashed dared disturb the sound...of silence.

Do you not feel that being able to talk without speaking and hear without listening would be like having superhuman powers?

I guess it is how you interpret those words. To me it means they were blabbering nonsense, unable to understand the words they were hearing, and dared not disturb their silent ignorance.

Ten thousand fools, maybe more,
Frantically talking without speaking,
Pretending to be hearing without listening,
Their dried up pens writing songs that voices never shared,
And not one dared disturb the sound.

But you cheated.

My solution to the Kobayashi Maru scenario, sir.

Also, because there was no restriction placed on how many words could be used in the blanks, I failed to consider it to be cheating. Do I at least get points for imagination?

It was a glitch in my thinking. Last line 'not one'. Forbidden 'no one'. Your Kobayashi Maru scenario is safe.

Enumerations
The mute
The deaf
The illiterate
Jerks

I find it interesting that everyone views it in a negative light, except for maybe @VictoriaNotes. haha

@VictoriaNotes No. No experiment. Maybe it shows how set in our ways we are though. It's difficult to bring new eyes to something we already have set opinions about.

One of my favorite Simon & Garfunkel songs, "Sounds of Silence." "And the people bowed and prayed to the neon god they made."
"Ten thousand people, maybe more. People talking without speaking. People hearing without listening. People writing songs that voices never shared. No one dared disturb the sounds of silence."

You are banished from the kingdom! You used the forbidden words!

One of my favorite songs, very powerful. Have you heard the version by, "Disturbed"? 🙂

AstralSmoke: That's alright. I'm seriously considering relocating to Canada!

betpaq: I had never heard the "Disturbed" version. I Binged it and found it very powerful as was the accompanying video. Thanks!

AstralSmoke: Not to put a too fine point to it but forbidden words are the sounds of silence!

zombies
psychics
clairvoyants
mad scientists
very bad dogs

this guy!

Glad you came to give your reply. Needed a sci-fi twist.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5273
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.