Agnostic.com

4 3

Once again as this election comes around, the Middle class unaffected cry out that they are ignored and left behind. How can we take them seriously when they continue to hang onto trump's words when his actions have shown to be their worst nightmare. he has flaunted the values that they profess that they believe in. He gave a tax to the top 1% and corporations. It benefited them one tax cycle, then pretty much disappeared He's trying to take away their health care,he's already been partially successful. he's made racism popular again. He increased their death toll under COVID by misleading them into believing the pandemic was a hoax. If the disaffected are soooooo gullible as to believe trump's words over his actual actions, then they deserve what comes to them. I grew up in this group, the difference, I got an education and learned to question and not just swallow upon demand.

t1nick 8 Aug 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sounds to me as if you are swallowing the Democrat’s words on demand.

Hey look, a slug who claims to be a doctor who doesn't know the proper use of the apostrophe!

Say ahhh Court Jester

@LovinLarge If you make it to Alabama, you can swing by the hospital and hang out for a bit. I’ll buy you dinner when I get out.

@CourtJester I live in the great progressive state of Colorado. Nothing would take me to Alabama.

A friend and mentor recently told me, ‘if the American people re-elect trump,’ ‘they deserve what they get.’ I think it’s his way of washing his hands of the election.. Not sure how long he’d stand back though, he’s a serious donor to the best, but has perhaps watched ‘the best’ defeated by the worst just too many times…

Makes me feel young & foolish … in comparison 🙂

Varn Level 8 Aug 24, 2020

A college education is not an indicator for not being stupid, I have seen Ph.D.'s who could not tie their shoes. A high school education is not an indicator that a person has not figured out the situation, some have it right. Critical thinking is not taught, but it has to be learned. Some people vote for the worst person because they just want the system to crash and they figure that is the best way to do it.

The problem is many people are just gullible. Some of them got a college education, some didn't, but they all failed to develop critical thinking skills, so they just swallow whatever corporate media news and political channels they watch, whether it's Fox or MSNBC. So they buy the propaganda of whichever major party they choose to back, never realizing how corrupt and similar the two parties are.

There's that tiresome false equivalency bs again. All complaints, no solutions.

There are such thing as just being wrong. Like a lot of things in Science, you may not be able to pin down the exact event you want, but when you look at trends. Run enough tests and look at the propensity of the trends and let the trends suggest where the truth lies. Same applies for politics, the overwhelming trends point toward the truth, if the overwhelming number of outlets identify and point to something, chances are there is some truth there.

@LovinLarge Get bent, LL. If you find my comments "tiresome", you can always block me. Whiner...

@LovinLarge, @t1nick Or maybe the overwhelming number of news outlets saying the same thing is because they all have a vested interest in saying the same thing because they all have a common goal, as in supporting one political party, either the Dems or the Repubs, rather than providing the truth to the public. The mass media is now so monopolized that they are just as censored as Pravda was in the Soviet Union. In the US, the mass media all have the common goal of providing propaganda that supports the interests of the rich and corporations, plain and simple.

@TomMcGiverin Your comments become increasingly laughable, particularly calling me a "whiner" when you just sent a paragraph whining. I'll bet you've been using that "get bent" comment since junior .

I didn't think you'd have a legitimate response and you didn't. Your complaints have no merit without including practical solutions.

@TomMcGiverin You're nothing but a conspiracy theorist, everyone's in it together, with no supporting evidence. This is capitalism, the wealthy are systemically favored, but that doesn't prove everyone is in it together.

@LovinLarge You're blocked, LL. Troll somebody else.

@TomMcGiverin

Sorry, I can not agree. I think that most of the news outlets attempt to give as much news as they can. They may be a little left of center, but in essence, i think they are reporting what is happening.

FOX is a different animal, by admission of its owner Murdoch.There was a good news article just today about how Trump co-opted FOX after Robert Ailes left. Trump stepped into the leadership role (even though he is not part of the station) and has more or less been directing the path that FOX has taken. Brian Stelter just released a new book that outlines the coarse of FOX over the last five years. In truth the only propaganda outlet (aside from Info Wars, Breitbart, QAnon, 1USA) is FOX.

It is a false conflation to compare FOX with the other outlets. Saying "whataboutism" is a cop out, especially given the sins that FOX is guilty. Your argument unfortunately does not meet the facts when the analysis is completed. They are not equally guilty, and saying the main stream media is to blame is another cop out and denial of the manipulation that has gone on from the WH.

@t1nick Suit yourself. I want mass media that does not pretend that the Dems or the Repubs are responsive to the demands of non-wealthy Americans. The reality is that both parties only care about the demands of their donors, who are the rich and corporations. All the mainstream news channels are equally guilty of spreading these lies that the major parties are responsive to or care about most of us. That is my beef and in that respect there is no difference between Fox, CNN, MSNBC, or any of the broadcast networks. They all spread the propaganda that voting within the two party system will solve things and that the two major parties are greatly different, and they aren't. People will not wise up to that as long as they get all their info from the corporate media.

@TomMcGiverin I agree about the being responsive to their donors. I do not agree they are the same. the "lame stream media" hue and cry is a cop out. World wide trends in reporting suggest that there is a element of truth in the cable and main stream news, which is not born out with FOX. Fox is not in the same category as the others.

@t1nick Whatever. I'm done. Give it a rest or I'll block you with your pal LL.

@TomMcGiverin

So you are a snowflake.

@t1nick Fuck off, and enjoy the block, you ass..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:527357
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.