Agnostic.com

4 0

Race, gender and sexual identity are the new religions.

[facebook.com]

PBuck0145 7 Aug 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The fact that race, gender, and sexual identity are still widespread reasons why people are the victims of discrimination and violence shows that these are issues that our society still needs to deal with. The author would have a point if we as a society had thoroughly dealt with these issues and they had been solved and relegated to the past, but instead the systemic racism and misogyny and widespread discrimination against gay and transgender people has only put the spotlight on terrible problems that need a great deal more attention.

It seems like the author is saying (in the interview) that these issues should be downplayed rather than dealt with. But that's exactly what has been done for many decades and that resulted in problems only festering instead of being fixed.

No I do not think that they are religions, but they are expressions of a real new modern religion, which is the idea of human rights, since they are things which most people generally agree are good, and believe in though they are immaterial.

And that is perhaps a great and good thing, because, though considered to have a religious like authority. Unlike the pronouncements of Zeus, Moses, or St Paul, they are not regarded as entirely beyond debate and modification.

A lazy response, typical for @LovinLarge.. Here's another:
[mediabiasfactcheck.com]

@PBuck0145 That's because it takes so little to meet my goal of invalidating your posts.

@LovinLarge Ok, Karen.

@PBuck0145 Your divisive hatemongering must make you a complete social outcast, especially with the NDP in power in BC. It shows.

@LovinLarge Ok, Karen.

@PBuck0145 Typical, lazy, misogynistic response from he without facts.

@PBuck0145 Good boy.

Having ignored the link, the very idea that race, gender and sexual identity might supplant religion is, on the face of it, an overwhelmingly massive positive. After all, our race, gender and sexual identity are not a matter of ideology, nor are they open to philosophical or spiritual debate. To replace the irrational (i.e., unsupported religious memes) with the rational (i.e., innate and scientifically identified natural distinctions) is a huge step forward, in my view.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:527675
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.