Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK Jacob Blake Is Now Paralyzed From The Waist Down, His Father Confirms Not Known if Permanent

Doctors don’t yet know whether the injury is permanent "l want to put my hand on my son’s cheek and kiss him on his forehead, and then I’ll be OK" Jacob Blake Sr. Let's hope it's not permanent but if it is, I want to see him in his wheelchair testifying against his police assailants. Justice must be served.

barjoe 9 Aug 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No body cams, family lawyer likely advising no public comments.

Why walk-away and not comply when the police are shouting at you and aiming their guns -- after tasing ?

Instead of asking why he didn't comply, you should ask 'Why do police like to shoot Negros?'

Why did the Police not do their job and man handle him. There were more than one police officer at the scene. US Police seem to think that shooting someone is their FIRST option. What the Police did was barbaric.

@dermot235 We only saw what happened when the camera began. If the report(s) are accurate (don't know), one 'manhandling' and taser had already happened.

. . . which is different than this one (I'm from MN) :

[en.wikipedia.org]

I'm not try to defend the police . . .

@FearlessFly I'm not saying you are trying to defend the Police. But the Police had the option of man handling him to the ground. That's what police do in other democratic nations. If man handling had happened then he would have been on the ground with cuffs on. There were several Police officers on the scene. It just seems they think that pointing a gun at someone is doing their job and it's not. They are police no para-militaries

@dermot235 The video shows only two -- not 'several' -- police in the immediate vicinity. 😮

"other democratic nations" -- do not have (rightly/wrongly) more guns than people. 😛
How would the police know he wasn't reaching for a weapon in the vehicle ?

I'm in favor of eliminating para-military police funding and re-allocating it towards preventing violence (lots of possibilities).

@FearlessFly 2 police officers would have easily tackled him to the ground. He was not a big guy. And I do understand that the prevalence of Guns in the US does make police officers more jumpy and nervous. Restrictions on Guns ...that's a whole other debate. But the police should have simply blocked him physically from getting into the car. But that would be difficult when you are focused on holding a gun and shouting at him. That's where I find it hard to see why they did not holster their guns and man handle him. It is more complicated than it looks. Police training. Gun laws. lots of other things in the mix. But this seems to be so far out of what should be policing. I think there is so much that could be done to prevent things like this happening.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:527829
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.