Agnostic.com

7 10

"Another One Bites the Dust" (because of the Heathen !)

On a dating site, on a whim, I responded to a photo I favored - even though there was little information offered about the person. (his spelling verbatim)

Me: thought I'd say hello, looks like we're fairly close geographically .

Him: That don't happen to often .

Me: No, nice when it does though.

Him: You look good, I want to meet you.

Me: Not much about you on here (like nothing !) - how do you go through your days - what do you enjoy doing ?

Him: I'm pretty much a home body.

Me: Ok - what do you enjoy doing ?

Him: Mostly hang out - and I go to church on Sundays (flag of red begins to wave)

Me: I see. Well you might need to know that I'm not a god/church person.

Him: you an athist ?

Me: yes

Him: Good luck then

Me: right - you too...

The End - the idea of discussion obviously too scary. Keep dem minds shut tight !
I see now that he didn't write anything because there wasn't anything to write.

evergreen 8 Aug 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think you both were perfectly reasonable, and polite too....not fear need enter.

I don’t know what would have got to you most, had you got together...his being religious or being goddam boring!

Nothing ventured nothing gained

I would have stopped responding after the first red flag.

sometimes I like to find out more about the instant aversion - kind of like choosing to mess with the Jehovah's folks when they come to call ...

You dodged a bullet there, sister. The last man I dated refused to speak to me after I told him I was an atheist. I think you were very wise to address the issue at the outset.

Yup

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 28, 2020

Eek!! Sounds lazy...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:528737
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.