Agnostic.com

3 0

For all the knockers of RT? That's if the indoctrinated & prejudiced can get over their cognitive dissonance!

From RT:

Lazy Western caricatures claiming Russian media is overwhelmingly ‘state-run’ are out of date – the internet is where it’s at now [rt.com]

FrayedBear 9 Aug 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"For the under-30s, YouTube has become a one-stop-shop for news . . . "

For those who mistake YT (and FB) as actual journalism -- ROFL
I have no such ILLUSION !

Sorry but I often watch RT and have done for some time, and sadly, I have watched it become increasingly a Putin mouthpiece, and propaganda machine over the past ten years. It may not be directly under Putin's control, though I would not rule that out. But that is the clever modern way, to franchise out your propaganda. Because that both, gives it more credibility and enables you to distance yourself from it more easily if you change your mind.

While at the same time controlling it indirectly, by managing its funds, keeping the threat of direct control open but unused, (The threat over time, achieves more than the threat carried out.) and above all insuring that it is placed in such a way, with such a working ethos, that it only attracts employees favouable to you. Who can therefore be trusted to work for your interests gradually and in a low key way, (and slow gentle propaganda works far better than overt), even if you openly order them to be neutral or favour you opponents.

This is the way that many news media are managed today, from the political right in the US controlling Fox, to the British state establishment managing the BBC, and the Kremlin the RT. You can not trust any news media, to get an approximation to the truth, and only an approximation you have to study them all, and then attempt your own personal meta analysis. Hard work and unlikely to succeed, but the only way.

And for proof of this to anyone who may be interested, I only care to offer the fact that the article you linked this post to, is written by a British journalist who works for Russia Today.

Guilty as charged. I can't get over it no. Russia Today is a propaganda machine of the Russian Federation at the backing of Vladimir Putin. Much like FoxNews and Putin's protege Donald Trump. Strange the article makes reference to Alexie Navalny. Was this written before or after they poisoned him? He currently lies in a coma.

The majority of Russians don't vote for Navalny!

@FrayedBear He should have a right to be a competitive candidate. If you believe the validity of their elections you should look into it further. If you don't think Navalny was poisoned by Russian agents, you should give that one another look as well.

@barjoe I think I read that he only has a 1.5 million following. Others have far greater. Russian current population 147 millions.

@FrayedBear Does that give Putin the right to have him poisoned? Do you think RF has free elections?

@barjoe Do you have proof that Putin ordered him to be poisoned?
As for free elections I thought all you guys over there decided your own weren't when Donald was elected? Pots & black kettles? LMAO

@FrayedBear You're convinced that RF is free society and 90% of Russians are 100% behind Putin. I'm convinced that guy was poisoned by order of Putin himself. I'm not a prosecutorial investigator. I never said US elections were rigged. I'm sure there's voter improprieties here and in Australia. Russian Federation doesn't have free elections and public criticism of the government will get you put in prison. That's fact.

@barjoe that's funny when Julian Assange is in prison for outing illegalities by many countries but particularly USA.

@FrayedBear Julian Arrange is a hacker and conspired with Bradley Manning you steal government information. They're both sexual deviates and criminals. He also conspired with Roger Stone to steal personal information from private citizens in the US. I know he's an Australian, but he's not your number one citizen. Even if you like the guy, it's a whataboutism. What does that have to do with Putin being a dictator who rules a totalitarian country. Russians who criticize Putin get thrown in jail or poisoned. I admit I hate Putin and I criticize him no matter what because he can't throw me in jail. Trump might be a fascist but I criticize him every day and have no fear of being imprisoned. I live in a free country. Russia is not a free country. Period.

@barjoe You ignore the evidence presented in the original post. As for not fearing being jailed by Trump that may be true i don't know but have heard strange tales of people shot on the Clinton's orders

@FrayedBear strange because they are not true

@barjoe "they are not true" like this Russian critic doesn't have more than 5 million subscribers?

@barjoe Here's one for you

Gaslight Pro

Lyrics:

[azlyrics.com]

Video:

I would have preferred the lyrics to be gender neutral and I should point out that the lyrics given in the video are erroneous - it is "Pro" not road - a wonderful gaslight? 😱😀

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:528876
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.