Agnostic.com

11 16

Will spend my birthday helping a dear friend.

Yesterday I had a big pot of homemade chicken broth simmering on the stove. Smelled divine!

Today I'm making chicken-vegetable soup with ginger, garlic, carrots, celery, red potatoes, homegrown tomatoes, onions, fresh green beans, roasted chicken, etc.

My elderly, dear friend is having cataract eye surgery. Will drive her to the surgery and back. My birthday is Sept. 3. I will spend the day and evening putting three eye drops in her eye every three hours. Will stay overnight at her house. Then drive her to the follow-up appointment the next morning.

"You are the only person I can count on," Billie said. "You are so meticulous. I know you will do a great job."

So, I'm bringing the soup for dinner at her house. It is rewarding to help a friend.

Last weekend, my girl Claire visited to celebrate my birthday. We had a wonderful time.

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Early Birthday! Yay for september babies! We rock! 😉 😛
I once spent a birthday in university participating in a walk against male violence, which involved men walking in high heels very comically. XD It filled me with purpose and pride and, although I had dreaded morning class in statistics, it is still a birthday I look fondly back on.

You are just so you lol and Thanks for being the way you are

Well done. I am sure it will be a happy birthday.

Good for you! And happy birthday a little early!

Damn, I almost forgot happy birthday. 🎉🎇

Sounds like a good day. And good night . And a good day again !

twill Level 7 Sep 1, 2020

I can think of no better birthday present than spending your special day in service to another in need. You are a good human.

The soup sounds good, and it's great that you have a good heart. I actually made cream of potato soup day before yesterday. 😁

You are indeed a wonderful friend, and being dependable is a priceless commodity. Many with good intentions don't achieve it.

I hope you and Billie have a lovely visit, and that she's thrilled with her new vision. Best early wishes for a happy birthday, Kathleen.

@Lauren

Thank you, dear!

It's good to have friends like you.

@Theresa_N

Thank you, Teresa!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:529945
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.