Agnostic.com

8 5

One last thought before I turn in for the night.

bigpawbullets 9 Sep 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hope the silent majority speaks up by voting for Trump in November!

I'm sure many of us will. 👌

As you old timers continue to age, you may find that the silent majority isn't the same as it once was.

I whole heartedly agree that war is hell, especially civil war. Let's avoid that like the plague.

You're correct Rob, that the demographics if the Silent Majority continue to change. And Bob is correct in that us vets come in all shapes, sizes, and ages. My experience is that the Silent Majority is still comprised of the majority of the population and the values haven't changed over time.

@Bobby9

I didn't mean to imply that all vets are old folks. Of course they aren't, I know several who are younger than I.

My comment is aimed at the old timers who believe that the underlying values at the heart of American society, aka- the silent majority, will always be in lock step with them and their conservative ideology. The times they are always a changing and ideas which were once "fringe" eventually go mainstream.

Give it enough time and the silent majority will leave you behind if you don't keep up.

@Bobby9, @bigpawbullets

It is always changing.

The silent majority once believed that homosexuality ought be considered a crime, that cannabis smokers are devious and dangerous, that minorities ought to be separated from whites, that beating children is good discipline...

Those days are long gone and it will continue to evolve with the times.

@RoboGraham
And some of us "old timers" are just fine with that.
😎🍷

@bigpawbullets

Glad to hear it.

@RoboGraham A lot of people especially in the democrat party are changing for the worst and seem to be determined to relive the mistakes of the past.

@Trajan61

Changing for the worse, changing for the better, it's all subjective.

@Bobby9

What is it that I can't know?

@Bobby9

You can't know what I don't know. You have no source.

@Bobby9

Leche

Truer words have never been spoken... Some people here think they know what it's like to fight for their lives.. They have no clue.. I won't even pretend to know what you've been through, BigPaw, but I've plenty of friends like you that have, and they've filled me in, and I've learned soo much from them. We all work together making sure we're ready for the worst.. I'm good with my neighbors and our plan.. I hope the rest of us (conservatives) here are as ready as we are.. I think I'm as ready for the worst as one could be. I see one idiot here that I know has no clue, and I hope she has some good God Parents lined up to take care of her poor kids... She thinks she's prepared? 😯 I'm guessing she has no clue.. Part of me wants to feel sorry for her.. I'm struggling with that..

Since I'm the only "she " who commented here... I know you're talking about me.. Lots of guessing... Come on over and trespass ... Good job ignoring.. 😂😂

To those that hurt us look out

Lock and load.. . Oh nooo. But me and mine are prepared..

From what I've read...
There have been 6 elections in our history whose results were not definitive enough -- so they were contested. Only the 1860 election resulted in actual war (The Civil War) when several southern states decided that they couldn't live with a president who wouldn't support slavery.

I don't see that kind of dynamic happening here. There will be a lot of hard feelings probably including some rioting and looting -- especially if the armed right loses.
But the organization needed to start a 'war' just isn't there. What scares me a lot more is the maneuvering that will occur in the days leading up to the decision. For example, what happens if Trump supporters vote heavily in person and build up an early lead then the tRump detractors vote by mail and overtake them later.

I don't see it being like real 'war' but it could get pretty unpleasant. And that doesn't even consider the damage tRump and the Republicans could do on their way out the door if they lose.

Indeed, you won't hear them coming...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:530090
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.