Agnostic.com

17 10

Does anyone else travel long distances in their sleep?

Every morning this week I've woken up to my phone switched to 'Roam'. The only possible explanation is that I'm traveling in my sleep. I wonder if my statement will tell me where I've been? 🤔

Amzungu 8 Sep 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mohammed did, only he did it with a carpet that was switched to "roam".

I'd love to travel somewhere in my sleep, and then wake up there. Perhaps a place where the women are beautiful, everyone is friendly, and not a need to wear a damn mask...lol 😊

@MissKathleen Understood, and honesty is the best policy right...lol 🙂

Your phone is having a late night rendezvous behind your back. It's probably having an affair and seeing another phone in secret. 😄

I've had dreams about going to jupiter and saturn. Sometimes I travel to the moon in my dreams.

Dreaming is a beautiful way to experience a fantasy and desired. And when it feels to Strong I try to make it happen.

Only in my dreams, my phone is usually switched off, to protect the innocent 😉

Your phone might be cheating on you, unfortunately.

As long as it isn't running up ridiculous bills, I can work with that. 😉

Not since I was an acid-dropping teenager!
So far as the roaming goes, just call the customer service number, and ask the CSR to look into it. They ought to be able to tell you in a few minutes when and why your phone was roaming.

@creative51 The flashbacks were invented by the FBN (forerunner of the DEA) to scare people away from taking LSD. And nope, I never had one either!

I once had a dream where I was flying, bloody awesome feeling after I woke.
Now I think my dreams are nice but torment me at same time, oh well...

Garf Level 7 Sep 3, 2020

Sometimes, I dream I'm in Venice, Italy.
Can't recall ever bringing the phone with me.
😉

Did you live there? I mainly dream of Brisbane, Australia.

@girlwithsmiles I've never been, but have always wanted to go. I dream about it, clearly.

🤣

If you have an Android phone just check your timeline it'll tell you where the phone's been. Maybe it doesn't like you and just left without you.

La La Land?

I was landing in a nice flat crater on some distant planet that was unknown to me. Space Oddity was literally the background song in my dream as I descended. One of the best lucid dreams I’ve ever had, by far.

Always earth bound.
Have had NDE and watched my own surgeries from about!
Been in so many different situations to focus on one place or time!!!
I have never died, been wounded, or been injured within my dreams!!!
Never had violent dreams, even though I have been within the death experiences of others too many times to comprehend within my dreams!!!

No. I generally stay in the same bed when sleep, though I have fallen asleep on a plane and awoken far far away from where I began.

I've been in many far away places in my dreams.
I used to write down dreams, which encouraged more dreams to happen.

I've been playing around with lucid dreaming the last couple of years. Our minds sure are fascinating mechanisms...

@Amzungu
I feel the way to ensure that one has positive dreams is to consistently write them down in detail. Maintaining that discipline is key to lucid dreaming.

My psychology teacher said we always dream, but training ourselves to write them down, especially When we first wake up, helps us remember them 🙂

@AnonySchmoose I don't write mine down, but I replay them in my mind after waking multiple times in detail and it has the same effect. I have a rather eidetic memory, so if the initial stimuli is visual rather than written, it sticks best in that form. My favorite dreams ever occured while I was taking anti-malarials on my trips to Kenya. One of the side effects of the medication is dreaming in vivid color. Coolest dreams I have ever had!

You can go anywhere in your dreams......

twill Level 7 Sep 3, 2020

Excellent point.

@Amzungu .....you just can't plan the trip

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:530492
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.