Agnostic.com

12 20

"Orgasm on a plate." Laughing at the Farmer's Market.

On Saturday mornings I shop for in-season, freshly-picked fruit and vegetables at the local Farmer's Market. Much better than hard green fruit strip-mined in Texas and Mexico.

Walking back to my car, I followed a man who carried aloft a large cantaloupe in each hand. Eying the cantaloupes, my mouth watered. He had parked behind my car.

"You inspired me!" I called. "I'm going back to get a cantaloupe." Delighted, he explained where the grower is selling melons from the back of his truck. "I call cantaloupes 'orgasm on a plate,' I joked. We chatted and exchanged first names. His name is Paul. No wedding ring.

Returning to the market, I bought a beautiful, ripe cantaloupe from the grower he recommended. "Kathleen!" I heard while walking to the exit. Nice he remembered my name.

"I'm going to get another orgasm on a plate," Paul said. I laughed. "Why are your hands empty?" My cantaloupe was hidden, hanging over my shoulder in a cloth shopping bag.

Amused, I wordlessly handed Paul the bag to feel the weight. Love physical comedy.

Witty banter is delightful.

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If any woman used the word "orgasm" in any form during an initial conversation, I would definitely get the wrong idea.

@BitFlipper

Stop being a prude.

@LiterateHiker Do I seem like a prude? Hmmm. Maybe I am. There have been times I thought a woman was flirting with me and I don't dare make that mistake again. I can't handle any more public humiliation.

I just love markets, even if I don't buy anything. Just meeting people who made or grew what they are selling, and watching people just wandering around enjoying the fresh air and the social interactions, instead of trying to fill their trolley faster than everyone else.

Love the farmer's market. Getting some smoke up your way?

@Phillstrate

Yes, Wenatchee, WA has been getting smoke from:

1. Evans Canyon wildfire, WA, from the south;

2. Palmer wildfire, WA, from the north; and

3. California wildfires from the south.

Has Richland, WA been getting smoke?

@LiterateHiker Yup, getting a fair amount of smoke here. Hot and smoky...makes me feel like an over cooked hotdog...

For me, wild blueberries or nice, big blackberries, either plain or blended with some coconut milk.

I'm with you! A fully ripe cantaloupe is wonderful!!

Nope, not that fond of rockmelon (cantaloupe). My idea of orgasm on a plate is banana cream caramel pie. Probably no goodness and a million calories to the mouthful, but I don't care. 😃😃

If cantaloupes are orgasmic, are they fuel for Woody Allen's Orgasmatron? 🙂🙂🙂

@Mitch07102

I call marionberry pie "orgasm on a plate," too.

Yes, but does he hike?

@Healthydoc70

We didn't talk long. He mentioned downhill skiing.

"Where do you like to hike?" he asked. I told him this funny hiking story:

Today's hike: Summit of Horse Lake Mtn. and beyond. I got all wet.

The secret is 30 seconds in the microwave and then yes, that cantaloupe is a candidate for orgasm on a plate.
Thirty seconds!
No more no less.
I learned that on A Late Show with Stephen Colbert.

cantaloupe in the microwave? I'm going to have to try that!

@Philistrate Eww

Honeydew orgasm?

@Mofo1953

No, I don't like honeydew melons. Regular cantaloupe.

Nice, hopefully you bump into him again and have some more smiles together. No pressure is nice 😊

@girlwithsmiles

My thoughts exactly.

Love it,the way it should be.open and fun lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:531283
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.