Agnostic.com

11 13

Trump treats campaign funds like a "piggy bank"- $58.4 million used for legal fees.

Trump has always been a crook and conman.

"Donald Trump has commandeered an astonishing $58.4 million in campaign donations for legal and compliance fees, The New York Times reported Saturday.

"The president has treated campaign coffers like his own “piggy bank,” sending millions to law firms for whatever battle he wants to fight, including some protecting his own interests, according to the Times.

"The legal fees are in addition to the contributions that Trump is funneling into his own pockets by charging his campaign and the Republican National Committee for lodging, event space and catering. Trump’s Mar-a-Lago golf resort hoovered up some $400,000 in just two days for a campaign event earlier this year. As of last year, his businesses had collected nearly $17 million since he launched his first presidential campaign."

[huffpost.com]

[nytimes.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This appears to be simply business. As CEO and majority owner of the United States of Trumpermerica he is using his assets to crush the competition.
Win or lose, Trump has shown the world that a country/Nation State is not a business. It and the connected world are far more complex than that and he and his accomplices are not skilled or intelligent enough to cope or understand.
As for his actions in this, he may very well not understand that in politics this is criminal.

What a corrupt,despicable poor excuse for a human being.🤬

When he looses ,there is going to be a very intersting aftermath of his presidency

Typical of his corruption and criminal actions.

It’s not really surprising. It’s just surprising how much he gets away with so far. His time of accountability is coming up though I think

I've been following this since Rachel Maddow brought it up in 2017. Everything is a slush fund for them.

I would expect no less from Trump.
Trump often tells the snake poem, about a woman who saves a snake’s life, only to be bitten by the snake as deadly repayment. It’s Trump’s Freudian warning to voters about himself, and they don’t realize it.

Being president is about getting money out of the treasury in any manner possible. He is a crook and we are paying for it.

And this is why we need more regulations on campaign funds

My admittedly lazy response:
[mediabiasfactcheck.com]

@PBuck0145
If you don't like the Huffington Post, how about the NY Times? Granted they're rated center-left -- but for opinions rather than accuracy.
[nytimes.com]
[mediabiasfactcheck.com] (NY Times Rating)

@RichCC The accurate, objective NYT:

Always has been a crook and grifter

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:531743
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.