Agnostic.com

9 8

Why you might be better off single:
[themindsjournal.com]

MissKathleen 9 Sep 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Single is fine but a good companion is better

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 12, 2020

I love companionship. I am a great companion to have. But I suck at choosing companions, and finally decided the risks outweigh the possible benefits.

Deb57 Level 8 Sep 12, 2020

Being alone is much better than settling, that's for sure.

Deb57 Level 8 Sep 12, 2020

It is a great experience to have children and raise them.

For some people it is.

I'd rather have cats.

@evergreen I'm allergic to cats.

@nicknotes I'm allergic to kids.

A great pain in the ass experience, not to mention the drain on finances. Childless by choice.

My wife is my best friend and that is how I have always thought of her, before being my wife, my partner or my lover.
I have been extraordinarily lucky.

Made the transition a year ago it seems, that of no longer wanting a R/S.. Life is full, without the care or concern for those unrelated and often simply opportunistic.. No thanks ❤

Varn Level 8 Sep 8, 2020

At this point in my life, I definitely believe "I'm the one for me!" I'm finally happy for the first time in my life.

My bad previous relationship has got me too scared to want to share my life again. I like being alone far better anyway, than losing myself into a lost cause.

To me what little "sharing" was usually me compromising, meaning I was missing out on what I'd rather be doing by myself. Glad I'm out!

And yes, like the article says, I feel I can spend more time keeping up with people who matter to me and enhance my life, sharing easy going fun times.

I miss the sharing. I have spent half of my adult life single. I can do it and do it well, but I miss the sharing of things.

Me too. Love it. 😃

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:532033
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.