Agnostic.com

6 8

Smoke blows into Seattle as wildfires burn across Washington State

Air Quality in Wenatchee was rated very unhealthy at 264 ppm yesterday and today. We are surrounded by wildfires. Wenatchee is in the center of the state, snuggled against the Cascade Mountains.

Ash is falling and thick smoke is very unhealthy, especially for people with asthma like me. I feel sorry for people whose houses and businesses burned.

“This is an unprecedented and heartbreaking event … We’re living in a new world. This is not the old Washington,” Governor Jay Inslee said Tuesday. “A fire that you might’ve seen that was going to be OK over time isn’t OK anymore because the conditions are so dry, they’re so hot, they’re so windy — because the climate has changed.”

[seattletimes.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I feel for you guys and what you are going thru on the west coast with the fires and heat and then that cold sap just came thru also,hope it was a lot of help for the fires and cooling things off ,Our area is suppose to get what they call a Snow Train ,lots of heavy snow,we have had minimal last few years ,used snow blower about 3 times last year ,rest just pushed it of the driveway

My daughter in Oakland ÇA is dealing with that too.

I’m sorry you have that issue there.

I am very sad for you and everyone in the West dealing with the fires—the news is heartbreaking. Climate change is our new reality.

The climate crisis is THE thing that worries me the most by far. Stay safe.

@QuidamOutrepont

Me, too. My signs for Earth Day/Climate Crisis marches, 2017 and 2019.

@LiterateHiker That's me last year when Greta Thunberg came to Montreal. We were 500,000 (yeah, five hundrend thousands) out there. My sign said "Billion$ for public transit, not for Big Oil".

I'm in California and we are having the same problem. Sunday it was 111° and yesterday it was 107° in my city. The fires were started a few weeks ago by dry lightening which is rare for our area. The fires over the past three years have been especially bad due to drought and warmer temperatures. I believe that the climate is changing and that humans are contributing to it.

Please stay safe this is scary stuff

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:532381
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.