Agnostic.com

4 0

Secularism

Would a governments secular stance on religion be better if it had tighter restrictions on theologies practices? For instance, should religious monuments be allowed on State property? Or would it be better that theology never entered government land at all?
Should a secular government allow for religious exemptions for providing health care, education, vaccination, or adoption rules?

AtheistNews 6 Sep 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just read this nonsense today.
[sltrib.com]

Oh yea, and don't let Jr watch while you have sex with his wife. That's just wrong.

My Two Commandments. Don't screw with people. Don't screw up the planet. Done first!

I have always thought laws should apply to everyone regardless of their theology. For there to be a religious exemption to any law invalidates the law itself because it gives more rights to anyone claiming theology as their motivation.
A religious exemption to a law that make it illegal to discriminate against LGBTQs gives theists more rights than a secular or atheistic person. Sure it's a right I don't want to begin with but it's also one theists shouldn't have over me or anyone else.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:532415
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.