Agnostic.com

10 17

Imagine No Religion

ADKSparky 8 Sep 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, you will have to start with communism. The entire thing started with covert Cia operations against the soviets in Afghanistan after all. Instead of working with Ahmed Shah Massoud, a sensible afghan leaded if there ever was one, Cia chose to work through Pakistan's ISI which covertly supported Gulbuddin Hekhmatyar. It is the innocent commoners everywhere that pay the price for the arrogance of their overlords, US govt included.

Interestingly, soviets were trying to remove Islam forcibly from Afghanistan. Their attempt to enable female education was anathema to the orthodox Muslims. And who did the US and the western forces chose to fight the soviets? The religious fanatics. Draw your own conclusions

Religion is but one, albeit, major problem with humans on this planet. Humans are an even bigger one and we can never seem to realize when we are sawing off the very limb we are perched on. If we could do that we would be on the road to eradicating religion.

When one culture is out to suppress another culture for their beliefs, land, and minerals they blame religious beliefs as the problem!!!

When it has everything to do with greed and jealousy for what the other have, their beliefs are used as an excuse to steal, plunder, and rape!!!

Mankind is such a self absorbed killing and destructive species!!!

But we are also a cooperative species with a sense of fairness built in.
The problem is tribalism with a dash of religion (sometimes more than a dash) thrown in.
Even very young children have a sense of fairness.
Read Paul Bloom's book, "Just Babies".

@HumanistJohn
Yes, only when the elders allow fairness and kindness towards those out side their tribe, culture or ethnic groupings!!!

The attack on the towers was about politics. Religion was the icing, not the cake. Neither justifies what happened, just sayin'

Sums it up. It's this sort of thing - the meme, the words that make me appreciate this site.

I doubt it had anything to do with religion, more likely with money and power.

As if there's a difference.

I also imagine no deep state false flags meant to provide justification for wars of plunder.

Unless you get rid of all the holy books, religion will be around in one shape or another.

Not meaning sad re- your comment, sad because, unfortunately imo, we are, somewhat, "pushing shit uphill" in our attempts to make this a reality.

In the words of John Lennon, "It's easy if you try, No Hell below us, above us only sky......"
As I once saw in a meme, " Science flies you to Mars, Religion flies you into buildings."

I have a t-shirt that says that, check out the one next to it also. I have about a dozen others like it, I’m sure most everyone on here will dig them.

WTCs and thousands of lives are gone and lost because of religion.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:533312
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.