Agnostic.com

13 5

LINK Atheists, agnostics sleep better than Catholics, Baptists

All that accumulated guilt has consequences I guess. Lol.šŸ˜‹

RichCC 8 Sep 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree with this because I never wake up in the night with any thoughts of gods or anything connected with them, and this includes ideals of hell.

I worried about "Hell" when I was young, being raised in the bible belt that was preached to me every week. After I realized it was all crap, I sleep very good now that the magician in the sky isnt waiting to throw me in a pit of fire....LOL

Me wonders if they are better snores too?

Ha, ha. That's a good question. My wife hears much better than I do and would probably label snoring as the mark of the devil. I wonder what sin is being punished. Have they used up all of the Genesis indiscretions yet?

Clearly an average; I'm a horrible insomniac.

A sleep study would probably show that I'm best adapted to a 30 hour cycle, awake for 20, sleep for 10. Too bad I haven't found any way to do that and still make money.

I guess it has something to do with the lack of guilt only. But if you have other problems for sleeping like insomnia, depression, bipolarity, stress, ADHD, that won't go with atheism or agnosticism.
I personally sleep better after exhausting exercise or work, or a good whiskey at night!

I was raised catholic, had nightmares of being in hell when I was a child. These days I sleep pretty well, but I take sleeping meds.

When we go to sleep, we may never wake up. They may wake up in hell. LOL

Iam married, that happens every morning

I have some weird phucked up dreams that can wake me up in the middle of the night. I'm an atheist.

Hey. Baylor University is a "private Baptist research university" (per Wikipedia) in Texas. I'm sure they consider themselves very serious. LolšŸ˜….

No sin guilt

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 12, 2020

What a lot of old twaddle!

I've been an insomniac all my life, theist or not, however I no longer have nightmares about old nick, there is just too much real nightmare fuel out there to worry about now.

Thankfully I have never suffered from insomnia...but that has nothing to do with having no religion, Iā€™m quite certain of that.

I don't know about this. I've been an Atheist all my life, not avowed but I never believed. I had sleep problems my how life. Since I've gotten older, my sleep patterns are good.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:533481
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.