Agnostic.com

32 7

Atheist religion

Has anyone had someone tell them that being atheist is religious?

Travel1 5 Sep 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't have friends or relatives or even know people that could ask such stupid question.

Blimey, I could be living Tax Exempt, counting up the ' Collection plate ' and wondering what to do with ALL that extra income, having my own Television Program and getting donations pouring in, wear expensive clothing, drive around in big limousines, have a Private Jet, eat out at the best places in town, have people hang on every word I utter, NAH, fuck that for a joke, I'll just stay a Pagan. Heathen, Devil's spawn Atheist with a conscience, morals and ethics thank you.

I think we ought to run with that and reap the benefits that religions have enjoyed for eons. After all "a rose by any other name is still a rose." Just think of the new hat or head covering that we could come up with.

Many theists I have encountered have made that erroneous assertion.
Even a few folk on this website.
For some, it takes a bit of "Schooling" to define the attributes of what a religion is and how not accepting the positive assertion that a god exists does not form a (faith, fiction over fact) based religion.

Yes.

No.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:534757
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.