Agnostic.com

6 5

"Anti-Theist"

Should we add "Anti-Theist" under what you identify as in the Profile Questions?

Hages 7 Sep 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful." - C. H.

Seph Level 6 Sep 22, 2020

why the fuck people love to use labels?

Labels beget labels 😂

@Mvtt Word are useful when trying to communicate.

@indirect76 noooooo, really?

I mean I feel like that's less of a belief about theism, and more of a stance on the specific issue of theism being harmful or not. As an anti-theist myself, I think my anti-theism is sort of a byproduct of the fact that I am a non-theist. If that makes sense. Like if someone asked me "Do you believe in god?" I probably wouldn't start with "I believe religion is harmful to society" cuz that's technically not an answer to the question. Maybe I'm wrong about that tho, but that's what I always felt.

Yes

Mvtt Level 7 Sep 21, 2020

I had never classified myself as one before, but I suppose I probably should.

I added it myself.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:536245
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.