Agnostic.com

4 8

LINK No, Seriously, Amy Coney Barrett Would Be A Dumpster Fire Of A Supreme Court Justice | Above the Law

https:// I don’t even mention the (utterly batshit) point about her membership in the religious group that ACTUALLY inspired The Handmaid’s Tale. Our country is basically on the Gilead Express and it doesn’t get a mention. https://

HippieChick58 9 Sep 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'll be calling my reps again today. They're all Dems but it sometimes helps to rant at their clerks. They do say they'll pass along my concerns .

exactly what is expected of our current admin.....

The Handmaid's Tale is a dystopian novel[6] by Canadian author Margaret Atwood, published in 1985. It is set in a near-future New England, in a totalitarian state, known as Gilead, that has overthrown the United States government.

The Handmaid's Tale explores themes of subjugated women in a patriarchal society and the various means by which these women resist and attempt to gain individuality and independence.

The New York Times reported that Barrett was an active member of a small, tightly knit Charismatic Christian group called People of Praise.[77][78] Founded in South Bend, the group is associated with the Catholic Charismatic Renewal movement;

This woman is very dangerous

I read it after it came out, it scared the hell out of me.

@HippieChick58 It appears to me that there are people who are busy destroying our country.

@nicknotes Just now noticing this trend? I am being sarcastic.

@silverotter11 I started noticing during the Obama years, and it has intensified during the Trump years.

I've been screaming about this since Saturday!!

@altschmerz I am. They're regurgitating the same lines in defense of pushing a vote that their politicians are spewing to them. Seems to be a bit of a divide on the conversation of Lagos vs Barrett.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:536841
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.