Agnostic.com

24 5

Cannabis...

How many of you can honestly say you have consumed cannabis in one way or another tintcature, capsules, vaporizer, or smoke whole flower what have you?

Do you as an atheist feel more open to the ability to try cannabis?

hOtMeSs2017 4 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I use regularly, recreationally and to manage severe anxiety.

that's good it helps me allot

Crazy. Weed gives me anxiety when I do it these days, but I’m glad it has positive effects for you.

@Scotttheshot True, indicas are more mellow, but I still don’t like the way I feel on them, paranoia or not.

I did, regularly: was magic for my chronic pain and social anxiety. I leaned on it a little too heavily, and there were drawbacks. I'm "clean" almost two years. I had been using it (additionally) to "change my state" when I didn't want to be in the present. Now i am committed to clarity of mind and a substance-free lifestyle. The only "substance" I still use is caffeine--and that only sparingly. I don't condemn any adult for their responsible use of substances.

I have been on both sides of the fence on this one. It's undeniably powerful, magical medicine, and a fairly harmless recreational substance for responsible adults. Should be legal, regulated, taxed, studied vigorously, and completely destigmatized. Alcohol is far worse; it's ridiculous that weed is demonized and alcohol is not.

My atheism has nothing to do with this attitude. Direct experience, and science, does.

I have been smoking weed since 16 on and off. Do not drink alcohol much. Also just approved for Medical Cannabis.

check out our autoimmune group if you haven't already

I first started smoking weed when I was 15, almost 50 years ago. I stopped while I was raising my kids (priorities), but started up again about 4 years ago.

Why do you frame it as an atheist question? I think that has nothing to do with it. I know people like to assume this is a site for atheists, but remember, the name is Agnostic.com. Not everyone on here iidentifies as an atheist.

marga Level 7 Apr 9, 2018

It is legal in oregon. I am on blood thinners so few pain killers I can take. Also I find pot has less of a negitive on my mind than booze.

I have for decades. Still do. I know believers that also use.

Religion makes no odds to me .. Interestgly Israel it's now legal and seen as "Gods" medicine.. (is it fuck it's mine lol) ....

I regulalry use .. Rosin Dabs, RSO dabs, RSO dissolved into cocounut oil (catalyst), Shatter Dabs, Very rarely will pipe a pure weed thing, Never smoke normally (combust), Vaporise Raw flowers (not in one of those funny little things but a home thing specifically for weed only), I pipe (combust) a range of very high quality resins, (prefer hand rubbed Indian or Nepalese hash).. I also make "Edibles" (cakes or chocolates) - dependant on availablity (though it is good for me often) .... I may think of more lol.. I use cannabis like a snob lol .. i am very lucky and a little wiley. I never use nicotine or tobacco .. (though used to) ... I use it sparsely after loading doses... That is the key .. medically it doesn't matter how much you use for most ailments .. tolerance just means you are spending more money !!

@Scotttheshot Most people who I know vape flowers for exactly that reason .. the flavour is vastly superior to smoking in their view (and mine) !!! the hit is certainly different .. most people won't go back to combustion after tasting a vape so maybe it didn't work well ??? or maybe the weed wasn't so hot ... ?? Or maybe its just your personal preference and what you are used to !! dunno really ... for flavour I would say Vapes all day long .. no tobacco .. But that is me and I am not you so not sure. I think it's super individual !! Dabs are great but not too much lol ! To be honest no one I have ever met is on your track here -- but that doesn't mean your opinion is less valid .. not to me anyway .. I think it very much your choice .. try it all over time I would say .. see what sticks 🙂 Cakes are by far the strongest thing on earth lol in my experience !!!

@AMNOTGOD I wish lol

@Scotttheshot Yeh definitely - it took me ages to stop smoking tobacco.. I brainwashed self by putting a half smoked fag in a jam jar .. when I wanted one I would sniff the jar which made me disgusted then pull a fat hit off a stand up water pipe.. The ones that just blank your whole mind in one go lol.. So I gradually did that and weaned self onto vape off that... For me it's different I think case it's for certain medical things and vape just fitted well.. I do think it is totally individual .. one of my buddies is a bit of an oldskool head in his late 50's and he is same.. He loves a vape now .. but he mainly smokes pure backward rolled oldskool fatties of cinderella 99 #1 bothers grim original cut .. proper oldskool lol 🙂 But he loves his joints and says same about taste and I just sit there laughing thinking what is he on about .. but to him that is what he has always done .. makes not much odds medically as smoking pure joints does something like minus1% damage ... or 1% straight medical effect even though burning it !! Side by side at least you have time to see.. I think we get so used to things anything new is "Alien" really .. I would say buy a fair desktop one .. Arizer are nice quality units ... but there are lots of em aren't there.

I don't think my atheism has anything to do with whether or not I want to smoke pot. If anything, most of the stoners I smoked with the past few years claimed to be Christian as well.

Tokin to the left and tokin to the right we was tokin

No, I just feel its much better than booze and don't see the problem with it.

I agree with you.

I am 52, have been smoking since I was 14, so 38 years.....

I try to escape my brain as much as possible. Dying was really the only thing that ever worked. Best 7 minutes ever.

I enjoyed it in my younger days, not so much now.

If it were recreationally legal in my state, it would be always in stock. Better than any antidepressants I've been prescribed. Shameful that a few deep pockets keep this medicine from the masses.

Yes, I would like to try it. It could quite liberating for me. However, it's not legal in my state, but a govenors canandate wants to legalize it. Legalizing at this point couldn't hurt my state much.

I used to really enjoy it, but 3-4 years ago I just kind of stopped liking the way it made me feel.

I don’t think my religious view had anything to do with my openness to try it, but It’s hard to say having never been religious.

cannabis has changed so much anymore..

I first indulged in cannabis at age 13 (about 1976 or so) with a neighbor of mine while we were both waiting to go into church for catechism. I last indulged in cannabis in 2015. I've used vaporizers, smoked it rolled, and used about every type of smoking apparatus imaginable.

I figure I've smoked enough, although to be fully honest, I cannot say that I would turn it down if I was at Rockfest or some other music festival and someone passed it to me. 🙂

[rock-fest.com]

people have a tendency to over indulge but now a days you can get it so many ways, and just like with booze work your way up...

@hOtMeSs2017 Cannabis never presented that sort of problem to me. Booze, yes. I enjoyed cannabis, but unlike booze, never got to where there was a powerful craving for it.

I don't in any form and have nothing against anyone who does. What anyone wants to do with or put in their body is their business. I wouldn't use it, but am pro-legalization.

For me, the idea of not being in a right state of mind is a scary one. So I like a glass of wine or two, but very rarely get drunk and I won't partake in any substance that has noticable mind altering effects.

MrHIT Level 5 Apr 9, 2018

@Scotttheshot fair enough. If I wouldn't feel comfortable driving a car or motorcycle that's my limit.

I don’t think being an atheist or agnostic is relevant to trying cannabis. I have smoked it. I have only eaten it a couple of times and that was much more of a high than smoking it.

I don’t think being an atheist is relevant to trying cannabis

I have consumed way more haschisch than lawn mix. Love them both. Over the last five years, it has helped me handle chroniic pain .

I have smoked it twice and eaten a cookie once. I didn't care for smoking it and would prefer to have a few beers. The cookie was interesting, but still not my thing.

When (not if) it becomes legal, I might play around with it more.

I first tried it at 17. I was atheist at the time, but I'm not sure if that was why I was open to it. I think that was more to do with an older sibling doing it and several friends (some religious, some not) already doing it. I liked it for a few years but then it just kept making me paranoid. I didn't use it for decades, then used it when I suffered some nerve & tendon damage about 9 yrs ago. It worked well for the pain, and the only side effect was it dried out my eyes at night. It's legal where I am in California. I'd either use edibles or vape... regular smoking is way too harsh on my lungs!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53758
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.