Agnostic.com

8 12

LINK The Death Of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Pushed Me To Join The Satanic Temple | HuffPost

“I am a 40-something attorney and mother who lives in a quiet neighborhood with a yard and a garage full of scooters and soccer balls. I am not the type of person who would normally consider becoming a Satanist, but these are not normal times

HippieChick58 9 Sep 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think it's a good idea - here's how to join: [thesatanictemple.com]

Nunya Level 6 Sep 27, 2020

Going from one imaginary figure to another. Now that's progress.

The Satanic Temple . . . does not believe in Satan . . . . it is a very common notion that people have that they do, but take a look at what they teach, and you will find that it is true. They use the whole thing as a means of fighting for secularism. The Satanic Temple got itself registered as a religion so they could demand the same kind of things that christians demand, you know, like putting crosses and other religio-nazi paraphernalia in government buildings . . . they do it now, the Satanic Temple can do it in return . . . . and the religio-nazis do not like it much, but it really is giving them a taste of their own medicine!

Her death pushed me over the edge, so I kinda get it.

I've been a member for some time......

Maybe it is time to stir people up and stop trying to placate them. Not that the group is really extreme but the name will get plenty going.

Interesting read

I doubt any claim to this SCOTUS, with her on it, by such a group will be successful. Christians alone will win briefs. That's kind of ironic.

Christians will win briefs . . . . I'm no sure I read that right.

@Archeus_Lore You did.

Polarisation is scary. Understanding that there are some rotten Christians out there I understand that it’s tempting to rile them further. But I do think that joining something less confrontational may be more useful.

Life isn’t black and white, like the bible tries to make out. There are many things we need to achieve together as people, I think we can do that better by being in a community that Christians can see is reasonable.

Although Satanism is fun, and I was quite into heavy metal as a teen and in my early twenties, I’m afraid that it’s just supporting the bible stories of heaven and hell, good and evil and for Christians that are already emotional and confused about that....it’s not going to help them out of their religious trappings, put push them further back with their misunderstandings of secular life.

I never realised you could be so reasoned.
We need something that Satanic Temple is not. A humour based quasi religion, which can use the logic of the ridiculous (Reductio ad Absurdum) to poke fun at zealots. Remember, humour is the most powerful of all literary weapons.
How about baptising converts with water purified by washing-up-liquid, using cannabis-oil infused communion wafers, etc? (Great mystery is how they fail to give you a "high".)
Then there is the great mystery of "virgin birth" allowing devotees to worship a Komodo Dragon or the great sky lizard.

[sciencealert.com]

The possibilities are endless - and all science based.

Did you read the article? It doesn't seem like you understood it.

@Petter In that case, look into the Discordian movement [en.wikipedia.org]. I think a revival is long overdue. Hail Eris, baby!!

@Paul4747 Thanks, but I think it is too based in Greek mythology to be able to poke humour at Christianity.

@Petter Christianity itself is based in Greek mythology. Jesus is just Orpheus, only celibate.

@Paul4747 .... or homosexual? Many ancient Greeks were comfortable with bi-sexuality.

@altschmerz perhaps you’re right, we always need an opposition. But we also need a halfway house for those realising that religion isn’t the way after all. We need bridges and a middle ground, rather than simply just pushing zealots to dig their heels in 🙂

@Petter someone has posted videos of a hilarious guru on here before, he’s very astute and at times has me in stitches.
He’s called Swami Beyondananda:

@girlwithsmiles Thanks.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:537679
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.