Agnostic.com

2 1

Serious injuries at Amazon fulfillment centers topped 14,000, despite the company’s safety claims

[techcrunch.com]

FearlessFly 9 Oct 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

when you say "serious injuries"....pinched fingers, sprains, dropping stuff on your toes, or rivers of blood?
I believe all injuries must be reported & are not categorized, unless "death"

[bbc.com]

"Last year alone, there were 14,000 "serious" injuries - requiring days off or job restrictions - and the overall injury rate was almost double the industry standard, it says.
A few warehouses reported as many as five times as many injuries as the industry average, measured in serious injuries per 100 workers.
Amazon said that the injury rate in the reports used by the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration was not a metric for "serious injury".
The "Dart" rate - "days away, restricted or transferred"- was higher for Amazon because it "encourages someone with any type of injury, for example a small strain or sprain, to stay away from work until they're better", the company said.
It did not, however, directly respond to the claim that the number of these incidents was higher in robotics-equipped facilities than those without."

@FearlessFly sounds pretty caring to me.......

@AnneWimsey . . . sounds like nothing would convince you otherwise 😛

@FearlessFly having worked 13 years in an industrial setting (building nuclear submarines) a nice clean warehouse looks like paradise! We even had something (negotiated by the Union) called "scar money", one of which paid for a new kitchen floor.....

I wonder if some of these serious injury claims are for “other” reasons; worker’s comp; the pace at which the employees are expected to “perform”, and in some cases, working in close proximity to equipment and Co-workers. I’m sure the working conditions aren’t ideal. They’ve also had Corona virus reports; maybe some are just finding “creative” ways to avoid an unhealthy environment.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:539476
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.