Agnostic.com

20 0

Does anyone else know they don't want to be buried in their family plot?. I had/have a dysfunctional relationship with my parents, and my aunt. Do I want to physically be put in the ground with people who didn't accept me for who I was/am? If I had a significant other he could not be buried with me at the family plot location. I think I am going to want to be in my backyard. Any thoughts?

sassygirl3869 9 Nov 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My mother got upset after my dad died. They had taken out a plot side by side. However, due to overcrowding a site next to my dad was taken by another woman. My mother said he would probably like it if he knew he was lying between 2 women!

My family doesn't have a plot. I want to be cremated and have my ashes scattered in places that have meant a lot to me. My dad's ashes were scattered on top of Mt Washington in New Hampshire and in the Himalayas in Nepal, and I also kept a small amount of them in a pretty container.

Frankly, I don't care what is done with my corpse. It is no more meaningful to me than a dead chicken on my cutting board. My family will probably want to give my corpse to science and if that is not possible, dispose of it in a legal and sanitary way that is the cheapest. What ever makes them happy.

I PREFER CREMATION AND ORGAN DONATION... I Really LIKE the IDEA of using my DEAD BODY to Grow a Tree but trying to Jump through all the State Bureaucracy would likely be too DAUNTING...~!!~

Lots of interesting options for eco-friendly or green burials. I kind of like the one where they put your body inside a bag in the fetal position, bury you and plant a tree on top. Your body decays naturally with no embalming and you fertilize the tree. My kind of afterlife!!

MattW Level 6 Dec 13, 2017

I've made it clear as it stands at this moment my ashes will be mixed with my dog's. Anything after that is up to whoever has to mind it.

I specifically want to be cremated and scattered in the ocean. For me, the sole importance of this is that I don't want to be an anchor. I don't want anyone to go somewhere and feel my presence. Either I have been part of your life and you carry me in your thoughts and the changes in yourself or you don't. The important parts of me, I give now and leave with people. Organ donation first, but the rest gone and scattered.

I didn't have a bad relationship with my parents--no worse than most people's, I guess--but I don't wish to be buried near them, nor buried at all, in fact. I will be cremated, and then if the wishes expressed in my will are followed, my ashes will be mixed with some of my wife's that I saved and my dog's, and then scattered at one of my favorite overlook spots along the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. But then if folks don't see fit to follow those wishes, I don't guess it will matter because I'll be dead.

When I snuff it I think I would prefer to be eaten.

This is the case with some Buddhists and other cultures.

I could be divided up between vultures, crocodiles and various scavengers. Possibly also remote tribes of cannibals - though I would probably need to be braised with a few onions, carrots, garlic (teaspoonful of powdered ginger and a dash of red wine) so as not to be too tough.

This would be environmentally friendly and would mean that I wouldn't go to waste.

When I die first they will harvest any organs and tissue they need for transplants, anything left can be used by medical students to practice on or whatever they want to do with me. If for some reason they can't harvest organs or use me as a medical cadaver I'm going to be cremated. I don't care what happens to the ashes, just as long as I'm not buried. Cemeteries take up way too much land and it's surprisingly environmentally unfriendly to be buried what with all the embalming crap that they put in you.

I’m to be donates to science. To be poked at, cut up, or plasticized. I’m not going to experience it, so I don’t care to worry about it. Besides, my anxiety gives me plenty to worry about now. Lol

My thought is it makes no difference to me. I think I would like to be buried in the ground no box , casket or anything and a tree planted on top of me. It's just a bag of chemicals after we die as our essence is gone.

orion Level 5 Nov 27, 2017

I will be cremated, current plan is for my ashes to be mixed with my husband's ashes and then my kids can do whatever they want to with them. I had a tombstone placed in a country cemetery maintained by my husband's family for him that also includes my birthday and our marriage date. Like another poster said, this gives family members who have different beliefs a place to go and grieve or remember. A few of his ashes were sprinkled on the grave site.

You might want to check the legalities of being buried on residential land. I'm unsure whether that goes state by state, or is locally regulated, or what, but I've heard there are limits to prevent people from claiming the land as a sacred burial ground.

Otherwise, I agree with you to a point. Ultimately, I don't care what happens to my remains because I won't be around to care. Still, the pragmatist in me doesn't want anyone to go to unnecessary expense and trouble. If I could get away with it, I'd have my body incinerated in a dumpster fire and hauled off by the garbage truck. I'm pretty sure that's not legal, though, so I'm asking for cremation with the ashes discarded immediately.

LOL!!!

Right now my plan is to be cremated. Logically I know I’ll be dead and won’t know the difference, but the thought of being buried in the ground has never appealed to me.

My father once told me that he wanted to be cremated and scattered in Raquel Welch's backyard. Sadly he was buried next to his parents.

When I die I have told my children to donate me to science, and then they can either have me scattered in the community garden that most medical schools have or do whatever they want with my ashes. I would love to be used in a body farm or be plastinated (https://www.humanbodies.eu/en/plastination/ for those that don't know what it is), but I live too far away for either to happen.

I plan to not be around after I finally pass on, so it really doesn’t matter. But I want to ensure my daughter has a place to grieve. My daughter needed that with her mother. But I’d prefer to be cremated. She can bury my ashes in the back yard if she wants.

Well my wife wsnts her ashes in tbe mountains. I'll put her first husbands ashes there too. That if we don't do it before. I wanted my ashes at an airport in Florida. Today, the backyard seems ok for me. But im doing what my wife wants. The mountains.

I am not be buried anywhere (prefer scattering ashes), but will likely place a stone in the family cemetery, maybe in more than one if I ever remarry.

Zster Level 8 Nov 26, 2017

Im still thinking that that burial tree pod thing looks interesting...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5395
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.