Agnostic.com

7 7

How are you distracting yourself from the news and election worries?

Today I got this far making Shane's Christmas stocking. I especially like the overlapping trees on the right that touch the snow and riverbank. Northern Larch were my inspiration for the trees. They look like Dr. Seuss trees.

My ex-husband Terry is an artist. Today he drew the mountains, lake and river. He suggested I cut slivers of white felt for snow along the riverbank. Terry did a wonderful job!

Am thinking I should make the sleigh 75% of it's current size. This will give a sense of distance. Feel relieved to have the difficult "S" embroidered. Think I'll make the letters thicker by outlining them with the same color.

Suggestions?

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@RoyMillar

Got the sleigh done.

nice small but being it is up in the air at a distance,good proportioned ,congrats on the sleigh

You put a lot of love into your work ,mainly out on small hikes ,finding the right drift wood to make canes and wizard wands plus starting metal deteckting

Motorcycle! Rode to deposit checks yesterday - then took the long way home! Mine is actually built for ‘upright riding,’ so as I weave down hard-packed roads, easily dodging empty puddles, it’s like exercise, too. The fact the planet’s ‘second oldest river’ is alongside is simply amazing… I stop anywhere that looks interesting … and other than way too many trump signs, flags and shrines … what’s in between is a beauty beyond description..

Leaves are beginning to turn, humidities gone.. Projects around the house are ..nearly done, a good thing I suppose 🙂 Garden’s winding down, with ‘sweet peppers’ in full production (giving them away). ..but it’s that motorcycle that’s best - 12,000 miles since spring of last year ~

Varn Level 8 Oct 2, 2020

I started watching this insane 3 part TV series called "The Debate" . 2 old dudes going at each other, one of them is rude and absolute nuts !!

twill Level 7 Oct 2, 2020

By worrying about the all the fires, especially the Glass Fire menacing the town in which I grew up and the purple AQI threatening to turn people purple around here as a result!

Went for a 3 night backpacking trip in the Olympic mountains and saw lots of cute bears

Robert_2001

Wow!

@LiterateHiker he came within 6 feet and then went around me

When I lived in western WA we used to run into bears all the time. They were so well fed , they never bothered anyone. Even found myself picking blackberries one time on the same bush as a big black bear while I had a sack full of fish I'd just caught. He just sat there cross-legged with a branch in each arm munching

Streaming The Mandalorian and playing Call Of Duty; plus, there's always mandatory overtime. (Mandatory overtime, not "Mandalorian" overtime. That would be way cooler.)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:539704
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.