Agnostic.com

30 4

Opinions about Myers-Briggs Type Indicator?

Does anyone have experience with MBTI? I have taken the test and feel like it’s very accurate for me. I have heard some say it’s pseudoscience. What’s your type? I’m INFJ.

babsy 6 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have taken it a couple of times and seen others take it. Seems pretty accurate.

This podcast does a pretty good analysis of the historical origins and scientific evidence for M-B:
[skeptoid.com]
In a nutshell, it's better than astrology, but not by much. Everytime I take it I get different results on 3 of the 4 domains.

I like Gregoric better as a learning style indicator.

Source:
jeffy Level 7 Apr 9, 2018

ENTP. It's a good way to put people into generalized buckets but does not account for personality quirks of an individual. Once you get into the NT types people have their own distinctive weirdness that sets them apart from the buckets. Also people tend to vacillate between classifications and flip letters depending on mood. I can be ENTJ or INTP sometimes (I have tested as both) as I work wirth those kind of people and have many as friends. Kind of a chameleon effect when we try to fit in or relate to others. So it's a good starting point for putting yourself into context but not a hard bound indicator of personality.

In my opinion it doesn't mean any more than any other 'personality quiz' you find on the internet. I don't even remember what my result was other than that it started with 'E'.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:54006
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.