Agnostic.com

9 2

America's Most and Least Religious States

This should help you decide which states to move out of and which states to move in to.

[247wallst.com]

BD66 8 Nov 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yeah, you can look at a demographic study of where in the country the most mythological-friendly people live - with the highest number of churches per capita, or you can just not gaf about the myth-lovers and live your life where you're at (I say that, but I live in Atlanta, probably one of the friendlier-to-atheist cities, in the middle of bible-thumping ignorami..)

If I have the choice i will go to Texas because of less commies are there, the family there is well appreciated and less government intervention

I live in the 18th most religious state in the country. I have the misfortune of living in the most religious part of the state. Agh...!

I knew that Iowa wasn't too bad, relatively speaking! (54.45% of Iowans are religious).

As someone in the bible belt I appreciate this. N.C is #10 .there is a big difference between the capital area and the mountain region, however the nonreligious are frowned upon.

I recently moved to rural Alabama,ooh my ,you would think I have 3 heads covered in snakes!

I have lived most of my life in rural Alabama. Bible thumpers are vocal and crawling out of the woodwork like roaches. They are also spineless cowards. I have always believed it was better to be accepted or despised for who I am rather than pretend. When I first meet people many are shocked when I say I am Atheist without a hint of apology or embarrassment or fear of how people might react or treat me. They are confused because most likely all the people with doubts or apathy remain silent to fit in. I am 47 and people have accepted my beliefs without incident because that is the only option I offer. If you hang with the right people you will find there are a lot of cool, free thinking, intelligent people in Alabama it just seems like a task to find them amongst the Walmart, Roll Tide crowd. Rednecks yelling Roll TIde didn't attend the university. Too busy looking after brother- son and double cousin.

I'm there too and I recently came in contact with either poison ivy or sumac. It left the left side of the back of my head scarred like a burn victim. Less than a week later I'm clearing land and go to sit on my swing under the trees and feel a bump against my head and turn around staring right into the face of a six footer sitting on the top of the bench. Fortunately he didn't get through my thick head. Last year, had a timber rattler in the kitchen! Just watch where your walking.
Do you know how to add photos to these replies?

Oregon falls somewhere in the middle largely because, I assume, the vast majority of the land is rural and, therefore, more conservative. But the bulk of the population lives in the urban corridor between Portland and Eugene. I live in that corridor but in a largely conservative smaller city. There's a church on every corner built in the good old days. But many of the churches have tiny congregations. all look run down and need a coat of paint. Some have been sold and repurposed. And some are derelict and boarded up. Nothing makes make my heart go pitter-patter faster than the happy sight of a boarded up church!

That's one list I'm glad to be near the bottom of! Thanks!

Yep, mine is #6 in the most religious.

Thanks for your research brother. Im kind of retired and established already but i will look at it later to share .

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5402
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.