Agnostic.com

9 5

Does anyone else believe that there is not enough attention being paid to overpopulation?

Bucky12 5 Nov 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've been horrified by what we're doing (overpopulation) since i was made aware of it through sci-fi as a youngster. (1960's) it is the ONE taboo subject that you cannot get people to talk about.

Another reason to denounce religious factions that do not believe in birth control or abortion

Correct me if I'm wrong, or hit a nerve or two. Science an medicine took us out of natural selection. We never regulated our growth after that. The weak or genetically inferior don't survive in the natural world. There are a lot of physically handicapped people who have done great works contributing to the advancement of our species. I'm not addressing physical Alfa cave man survival, only the strong survive. But a way to ensure our species evolves to a higher plane. We are literally losing ground, on an intellectual level. Will regulated population control help our species, or just further support the powers that be?

I'm a big believer in less government and I don't see regulated births ever happing in my lifetime. Unregulated deaths might!

Yes.

Yes. I am a negative population growth believer. If I did it again, I’d only adopt. I’m a huge supporter or adoption and fostering. We are multiplying too rapidly. I also believe in zero population growth. Replace yourself, but quit spreading.

I did have two children, before I understood what was happening, is happening on Earth. I have two grandchildren. I encourage my kids to only have two or less kids. I tell them why.

I can't stop thinking about it. My grampa knew in the 30's we were headed on a suicide course.

Wow! i was discussing that the other day. We probably got 150 years before the real crap hits the fan. The Mississippi river will be polluted. The gulf water will be oxygen dead. We will have to raise beef in another country to keep from contaminating ours.same with pigs and chicken. We'll need more clean water and waste disposal. The sea will rise 2 feet. The city's will have to evacuate. Hmmm... the poor children of the future.

Me, I'm a zero population growth supporter. I'm sure this is debatable, but my feeling is you can either have quality of human life or quantity of human life- but you can't have both.

Overpopulation concern is one of the reasons why this site was started. Religion and fertility rates are correlated. If we can reduce the role religion plays in family sizes, we have a chance to reduce the rate... or even decline. If we don't fix birth rates, we have to fix death rates and it's more unpleasant that way.

Admin Level 9 Nov 26, 2017

Well said.

Nor did I and am glad. It gave me more hope there will be a serious dialogue on this. Warning though; it will and must include immigration. I am maybe not so happy but willing to be the 'devils (wish there were another word) advocate' on this.

@silvereyes When I wrote my obscene language question I kept your feelings in mind.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5407
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.