Agnostic.com

1 2

H-1B visa: Trump administration issues major rule change

Moves by administration likely to end up in court, immigration law firm says

[mercurynews.com]

FearlessFly 9 Oct 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

H-1B allows companies to keep their operations stateside. Without it they could just outsource tech operations to overseas. This is so stupid. I guess to his base this makes Trump look tough on immigration.

H-1B allows companies to keep wages low, benefits absent, income remitted to home country.

@FearlessFly They're not going to pay Americans more, they'll just move the jobs overseas.

@barjoe Then put the burden on the companies to make that less in their favor, not on workers.

@FearlessFly I agree. I'm against outsourcing. They should sanction that. Some H-1B workers are paid well though, there are just shortages in certain fields.

@barjoe "there are just shortages in certain fields" -- according to the employers 😛

@FearlessFly The problem I have with it is they don't pay taxes.

@barjoe "it" , "they" -- kinda ambiguous 😮

@FearlessFly it= H-1B they= foreigners

@barjoe "they don't pay taxes"

[bipartisanpolicy.org]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:541414
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.