Agnostic.com

9 2

LINK Pandemic changes the nature of singles' dating and intimate partners

"Recent cataclysmic events have led singles to want more from dating: a desire for a relationship over casual dating; more meaningful conversations, and more honesty and transparency during a date." — Dr. Helen Fisher, a biological anthropologist and advisor to Match.

GoodMan 7 Oct 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mating rituals will change, possibly for the better.

I suppose that, if we had to have a pandemic, it's fortunate for me that it's happening at a point in my life where dating isn't an emotional priority. I may in future be more interested in considering men as potential partners, but glad that I have this time to not even have to worry about it and to get better at setting boundaries. Dating has changed so much in the last 20 or so years, and I'm still watching and learning.

Deb57 Level 8 Oct 11, 2020

I'm not currently dating, but I can see the value of having one exclusive relationship rather than dating around during these times especially.

Right now, my little island has an average of nearly zero cases, but next week we open up to tourists from the mainland who will be bringing in the virus. I will remain wise and continue to keep to myself.

Lucky for me, there is a group of friends who go out and enjoy music and dance, and none of us needs a partner. No judgment for dancing alone, socially distanced in a group, since that's just the way it is nowadays. I keep to the same bubble of people I know haven't traveled recently.

Hopefully we'll get into the quick and easy saliva testing and contract tracing apps with the QR codes, for our gathering places, so we can nip the virus in the bud, like other countries have. The test developed here in Hawaii is still going FDA approval, but we have high hopes.

It's no problem for me. The women I meet have no interest in getting close.

I'm sitting it out until at least next spring or even early summer. Not worth risking Covid for or wasting money on a dating site that would not lead to any in person meetings until Covid is past.

Horrible time to date, intimacy is essential for a relationship

Some are taking there chances,just depends on how covid free your area is and what if any activities you may have planned , Social distancing picnic or hikeing or anything where you can be close to talk but not too close at least you will feel the chemistry if there is any

"Are you dating anyone?" my friend Cheryl asked yesterday. Wearing masks and socially distanced, we were chatting on her front porch.

"No way," I replied. "I still get messages from men on Fitness Singles."

"What's the point during the pandemic?" I reply to men. "I'm not going to remove my mask. You won't be able to see my face. We can't kiss or have sex. Dating is dead during the pandemic."

I'm sure they'll be willing to wait for you...lol

@GoodMan

Thanks for the compliment.

@LiterateHiker You're absolutely welcome.

I want you, and everybody else, to stay 6' away, thanks.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:541667
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.