Agnostic.com

5 2

I love when I hear parents yell for their kids to stop screaming and yelling. 🙄🤦🤣

antireligious 5 Oct 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Parenting the last great bastion of amateur endeavor.

Yes, it is like dog training. Modelling positive behaviour and attention for good behaviour are important.
I worked with a psychologist once who said that he started smacking his kids once, out of frustration at their disobedience. It only lasted a week as there was already a marked increase in their violence towards each other.

Even sillier, is yelling. "Stop barking." At dogs. Yet a lot of people do it. When leading by example, it is needful to be self aware, and that is common in chimps I am told, not sure about humans.

I remember my father yelling at me and my five sisters... KEEP IT DOWN! I'M TRYING TO SLEEP!

You gotta tell them who's boss. Getting yelled at sure beats taking one upside the head.

@antireligious I was well aware of the irony of your point. I'm just saying it's preferable to a beating but probably less effective.

@barjoe Neither worked on us. :/

@Holysocks My parents didn't hit me hard, they went for distance. Mostly mom but it worked.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:541856
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.