Agnostic.com

3 2

Something occurs to me that I don’t want to believe but I think it may be true. I wish we had better policy perception than this but I doubt we do.
Americans will always vote against the candidate with the most scandals whether those scandals are self inflicted like Trump, or imposed by others like Hillary.
I’ve spoke with a lot of people recently, most are idiotically misinformed while certain that their opinions are correct. A couple even thought Trump was a Democrat and hated them because of Trump.😒
It’s like some post here where people are completely unaware of the subject they’re talking about, but so much worse.

Willow_Wisp 8 Oct 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can't agree.

Please allow me to present my own analysis; voters choose the candidate they feel most comfortable with; the one they find, for lack of a better phrase, most likable.

Example: Trump v Clinton.

Clinton is a devastatingly intelligent woman, which is exactly what many non-college educated males (and, I hate to say, some female voters) are uncomfortable with as their elected leader, especially since she lacks a certain finesse sometimes in her public comments- even though she's very charming in person and with smaller groups. In short, she was saddled with the caricature of being "a bitch"- unfairly, in my view.

Trump, on the other hand, is an utter baboon (no offense, baboons) who boasts about his sexual escapades, is hilariously uninformed about international and even national events, and doesn't even try to hide his prejudices- exactly what the above non-college educated male sees when he looks in the mirror. Trump doesn't challenge the voters to strive for more, he tells them they're just fine the way they are. In fact, they're better than those stuck-up intellectuals!

Voters who were already comfortable with the idea of powerful women in high places had no problem voting for Hilary. But those who resented having a female boss in the front office- those who heard Trump giving them license to let loose with all their worst impulses- swung to vote for him. They fantasized Donald as the drinking buddy with whom they could spend the evening griping about those freeloading immigrants and foreigners; and he could actually do something about it as President! Yeah! A border wall! Great idea! A fence worked on the neighbor's dog, right?

More examples- Reagan v Carter; Reagan was the friendly uncle, full of folksy stories, whereas Carter was a rather uptight Sunday-school teacher. Bill Clinton v George H W Bush; Clinton (although extremely smart and studious) had that Arkansas accent and Southern charm, against Bush' clenched patrician manner. George W Bush made his boyish charm work for him against Gore's stiffness; people just couldn't imagine sitting down with Al for an hour for fear it would turn into a lecture on climate change.

In the current contest, part of the reason Biden is faring better than Clinton did four years ago is because he's exuding an air of "Comforter-In-Chief", reassuring people that everything will be alright under a President Biden, compared to the chaos of four more years of Trump. He's a grandfatherly figure, and at this moment, that actually works.

I have to disagree. No one has more scandals than Trump, and his people still love him beyond belief.

Willow, that’s written as if only you are aware and only your opinions are correct.

That’s your perception, and you’re wrong.
Hahaha 😂

@Willow_Wisp Period.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:542326
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.