Agnostic.com

10 16

Why I see Evangelical Christianity and the Republican Party as the same thing, synonymous even.

Willow_Wisp 8 Oct 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It shouldn't be surprising that the people who define their religious freedom by infringing on others freedoms are also aligned with the political party that defines itself by their freedoms to infringe on others freedoms.

Wow. Overall the video is pretty unbiased in its recounting of history.

i did find the clip of Jerry Falwell Jr. supporting Trump to be a little funny, as the clip was before we foudn out that he likes to watch other men have sex with his wife, and he was sayign we cant' expect the commander in chief to be like a pastor in chief, which considering just what kind of pastor he was made his comments seem pretty funny to mje.

Did Jesus play basketball?

godef Level 7 Oct 11, 2020

I was looking at that myself, LOL, maybe the artist wanted to piss off Trump. He is sensitive about his body and everyone knows Jesus was a short little shit, if he existed at all.

Scary stuff

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 11, 2020

I don't need to watch the video, which is probably for the best as I don't need to feel any more rage. The republican party and the Xtian right seem the same because they are the same. There is nothing "republican" about the Republican party and they is nothing "Christian" about modern American Xtian churches. They both disgust me and I reject them both utterly.

Thank you for sharing this. I’m starting to understand the connection more clearly now.
It’s a shame we see secular humanists being de-platformed, rather than these toxic evangelicals.

Mvtt Level 7 Oct 11, 2020

This is pure Fascism which hides using religious dogma and the cult of personality to corral, corrupt, and control those so blind as to loose any sense of reality!!!

Both are full of shit!

I'm not a big fan of Biden, but Trump and his clan are infinitely worse. At the end of the day, Trump has to go.

@Fletch no shit, Sherlock!

Both rely on cognitive dissonance to advance their agendas.

I am listening to an audiobook right now called "How Fascism Works". Its scary how the book alines with whats happening in the United States. I hope November changes things. The person in the White House needs to go.

He needs to get hit by a bus but I'll settle for him going, preferably to jail, but I'll settle for him just going anywhere but I still hope he'll get hit by a bus but I'll settle for him just being gone.

Someplace where he gets hit by a bus.

@Sgt_Spanky nahh!, a bus is too quick. Some wasting disease where his body turns upon itself, just like he has inflicted on the US

@Cyklone You're thinking poetic justice and I'm thinking instant gratification. Either works as long as he's GONE.

@Sgt_Spanky nope, I'm not that fair minded to be thinking poetic justice, I'm thinking long drawn out torture because I hate the fucker. And if that statement gets me on any no fly lists, I don't care because I have no desire to visit.

@Cyklone I feel ya brother.

@Cyklone Yea, something that’s slow........and painful.

It’s the same with the George Orwell novel 1984.

Only it has been worse than that.

That is the problem of worldwide proportions!!!

Fascism is the marriage of corporations and the State, our Government is fragmented by these corporations!!

The wealthy and their corporations now own damn near every politician from both parties!!!

They wealthy have stated far more than once that the “Vote is the biggest enemy of the wealthy”!!!

This obstructionist republican fascist agenda has been a slow moving Coup d’Tat for the last fifty years!!!

The obstructionist republican fascists are now using the cult of personality to gain control, the stacking of the courts on the local, state, and feral level.

The militarization of the police on all levels.

The defunding of social programs that help the middle, working, and poor of this country!!!

Promises made that own their cult followers really do not have a clue or know if they were brought to any form of fruition, yet think have been accomplished!!!

The use of religious dogma and evangelistic’s leaders to spoon feed deceit, lies, and all out fraudulent disinformation, along with attacking anyone or anything that does not show them as being superior!!!

Fascism creeps in and is sinister, it uses the weakness and the sense of loss to to give hope to those who feel they have nothing left, that those in power have robbed them of everything that they hold dear!!!

The reality is that the vast majority of their problems and ills are financial and economic woes created by the wealthy and their corporations using our governments local and federal as scapegoats!!!

1920s and 1930s Italy and Germany started the same way slowly and then suddenly you have no recourse or have consented too!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:542390
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.