Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK Working from home misery: Many people hate remote work.

I am loving WFH, but it seems not everyone agrees.

HippieChick58 9 Oct 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like going to my office, I was moved from a cubicle to one of the really large offices that we used as a small conference room before Covid.
Now I have a 60" monitor a huge table and I have like 6 computers and various lab equipment all over the place that had made my cubicle really claustrophobic. It was like having an old 90's style compressed drive. To work on a project I had to unpack all the hardware and put away all the hardware from the previous project, most of which took leg space from under my desk and filled an adjoining cubicle.
I also have windows and blinds, and yes I lock my office door, so if someone knocks I have time to don my mask before letting them in.
I'm in cubicle heaven.

I sure as heck don't miss the 45+ minute drive back and forth to work five days a week. Now I can sleep until almost 8am instead of getting up at 5:30 and I have a 25 foot walk to work. I've been working from home since the end of March and will continue to do so at least until January and I don't miss going into the office at all.

I love it, so easy!

I'd like to add that I have a type of ADD that involves hyperfocusing. Staying home and not having things get "peopley" allows me to get more done. Multitasking means something suffers when it comes to me.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:542966
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.