Agnostic.com

2 1

Electric car sales triple in race to meet Europe CO2 rules

Market share will hit 15% in 2021 as manufacturers move to cut emissions levels.

[arstechnica.com]

FearlessFly 9 Oct 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is not surprising that electric cars are becoming more and more popular. Such cars are as powerful as those powered by the internal combustion engine. Still, electric cars are not harmful to the environment. That's why the government allocates a lot of money for developing ecological transport. I have been using an electric car for several years now and have not encountered any problems. I recently bought the electric vehicle charging for my car. Before, I had to look for special filling stations.

USA is going to lag behind on this. I don't see too many people buying EVs unless it's mandated. The infrastructure isn't there for charging stations or for our grid. I don't think Americans want electric cars. I think internal combustion technology can improve to near zero emission in the future. I see Tesla stock go crazy so Wall Street thinks otherwise. They've been wrong before.

That's where the PHEV comes in. Charge it overnight at home. If you run out of charge, or are going a long way, change over to petroleum, whilst still being able to use regeneration whenever you brake or go downhill, thereby reducing fuel consumption.
I am eyeing them very closely, hoping for a mid-sized Citroen SUV to be released.

@Petter Citroen? I don't trust European cars anyway but if I would get Hybrid, I wouldn't buy a used one unless it was recent and I'd only trust Toyota. Don't let them experiment this technology on you. Go with a tried and true for reliability. Prius go 200K miles before the cells start to go out. Citroen doesn't even sell in US, I wouldn't buy one if they did.

@barjoe I swear by them. My current Citroen SUV has 250,000k on the clock and still runs sweetly and reliably. I always buy my cars from new and have them regularly serviced, only by the agent. This Citroen will be ten years old in December. Peugeot and Citroen are the same company, so their cars share most components. My SUV has the same chassis and engine as the Peugeot Partner top flight van.
The group also contains the DS, Opel, and Faurecia brands.

@Petter None of the cars you mentioned are sold here. I heard Skoda are good. European cars in USA are unreliable. MinI, VW, Fiat, Jaguar. terrible. Volvo used to be good. I guess BMW, Audi, Porsche, Rolls Bentley owners don't care about reliability, they lease or buy new ones. I only buy used. I have a Scion, they're Toyotas. They run forever. I like Hondas as well. If you're going for hybrid I'd be afraid to be a guinea pig for Citroen. You might want to look at RAV-4 Prime, if that what the sell them as down there. Toyota has been making plugins for years that run a long time.

@barjoe The Toyota is not a plugin. The battery is charged via the engine only, not via an external source as well, as in a PHEV.
Here's the PSA group website.
[groupe-psa.com]

It also has a Fiat/Chrysler tie-in.

@Petter PSA link won't work for me. This is 2021RAV4 "Prime" for US Market. I'm sure it's available in Europe. All Japan cars are made right hand drive. I know this truck will run for 300K kilometers. It's a plug in hybrid.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:543150
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.