Agnostic.com

8 17

Mountain peaks got their snow back this weekend.

On the left is Mt. Stuart, 9,415 feet elevation. Mt. Stuart is the second largest, non-volcanic mountain in Washington State. It's in North Central Washington where I live.

Today it has been pouring rain in the valleys and snowing high in the mountains. After a summer-long drought, we need the water.

Love it!

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don;'t tell people where this is. They will want to" improve things" by cutting down all the trees, redirecting the water & charging for the view. =0}

Cool photo, I have seen Mt Stuart from a distance for never hiked it.

@Robert_2001

Many people die or are rescued while climbing Mt. Stuart. It's steep and dangerous. There are four routes, but only one has stable rock.

You need climbing partners, rope, helmets, and technical climbing skills. People don't realize this.

Foolish people don't bring enough warm clothing, food or water. They neglect to bring a headlamp. Nearing the summit, it's windy and cold.

One newly-married man leaned against a boulder near the summit of Mt. Stuart. The boulder fell over a cliff, taking him with it before his horrified bride's eyes.

@LiterateHiker Thanks, It certainly looks like challenging mountain to climb

Beautiful area ☺

Beautiful

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 13, 2020

Quite ethereal and majestic.

What a wonderful place to be ate by a bear.

@Willow_Wisp

I only saw one bear in 45 years of hiking 250-350 miles per year.

At age 22 in the Olympic Mountains, I rounded a corner and surprised a small bear eating berries on a hillside. We looked at each other, startled, turned and ran in opposite directions.

Why do animals go in the direction I want to go?

Beautiful scenic fall pic

Beautiful!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:543192
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.