Agnostic.com

26 5

Do you prefer to be corrected if you're wrong?

I like people to tell me if I'm wrong. As long as it is fact based and not opinion. Some people get upset if they are wrong. What type are you?

Fulishsage 6 Apr 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sure. I prefer tact with my correction but to remain in error is definitely the lesser state of being.

Some of it depends on HOW I'm told.

Great point!

Exactly!

If I'm wrong about something, I'd like to know. I prefer facts.
Just don't be a complete dick about letting me know.

It's how we learn - and I love learning.

Jnei Level 8 Apr 10, 2018

Being proven wrong is a gift. It's an opportunity to grow one's self and understanding, but that doesn't mean I like it ?

If I am wrong and someone can prove that I am sure BUT, if a person is confronting me and has zero proof outside of their "opinion" then I will rip into them with gusto.

YES! good man 🙂

@Nickbeee Thanks sir.

Yes,Definitely.

Coldo Level 8 Apr 10, 2018

I really wouldn't know . I,m never wrong of course !

Yeah there's that

Yes. I hate to persist in error.

Well why not I learn every day

Rosh Level 7 Apr 10, 2018

Oh, God yes. Please correct me. Thank you!

Absolutely, yes. I've held quite a lot of wrong opinions. It doesn't feel good to be corrected, but it's a damn sight better than continuing to be wrong.

Yes if I am factually wrong but if we differ in opinions save it unless presented in a less than judgemental way.

Wouldn’t know.... never been wrong........

I'll let you know when it happens.

Certainly, unless I take it that what you are doing is trying to lead me into debate. We live in 2018. Most of us anyway. I don't care what Kepler thought of science and religion, I'm not into Aristotle, Socrates, or classical anything. I simple use logic and demand evidence. Up to date modern evidence.
Recently in these forums a lady from Alaska told me I had best look at my idea that all digital transmissions today go through the air. I did, and she was right. 99% of America to Europe transmissions are still transatlantic cable. This is phone and Internet.

I did not know that either, I would have never guessed 99%.

@Fulishsage The info came from Newsweek. Before reading it I thought that Phones, TV, Internet, and everything went by satellite. I was wrong.

I like to be corrected, as logn as it is not done in an superior/embarassing way.

I've actually thanked people o this site for correcting me.

Yes for sure

Yes but with some sugar. Nobody likes to he harshly corrected.

I like to know if I'm wrong so I can do my own research and learn what I don't know.

If someone knows something interesting and relevant to a conversation I am open to suggestions and feedback. Many times you have opinions not facts that can be in dispute. Sometimes there is no right and wrong per se. If there is a finite answer facts rule.

@Fulishsage

No, I don't prefer it, and the reason why is that I could do something better with that moment!

I might get defensive at first every once in a while, but l am fine with it. I have learned a lot by being corrected.

Yes please!!! Don't join the idiocy at any costs!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:54409
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.