Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK This is Water

Here is a profound and beautiful speech that sheds some light on the deep conflict between those who call themselves religious, and those who believe themselves to be non-religious. I don't think I've ever heard this expressed so elegantly. I call myself an atheist (and have for years), but this speech got me wondering: What do I worship? In my case, I think my "religion" is intellectualism. Learning more about something has always been a major coping mechanism for me, whether I be in the throes of grief, or struggling with the fallout of sexism, or wrestling with a loved one over some principle or belief.

sunhatpat 6 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is great , But how do you get "way more than luck" [The last sentence] as it has been suggested that it can bring you anything? BTW I do not believe in it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:545443
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.