Agnostic.com

7 6

I'm listening, live, to Barack Obama adressing a public meeting in Pennsylvania. What an educated contrast to the semi-literate rantings of Trump.

Petter 9 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's kind of shocking to hear a politician that's not either babbling incoherently or taking us on the way back machine to 1973 when I had only been in Washington for thirty years, just a youngster from Scranton.
The last debate sounded like the Odd Couple reunion at the nursing home.
Considering this election is between Statler and Waldorf, I look at their running mates.
For certain Harris is preferable to Pence.
With the senior killing Trump virus I prefer to think of the administration I vote for is represented by the VP.
At least Biden respects Science and education, and he's kind and concerned with the welfare of citizens.
Biden's my favorite TV Grandpa.
Trump is my favorite Scrooge, easily replacing Adolph in my collection of realistic Jungian archetype figurines.

I must agree, Harris is far higher in my estimation than the other three. Ideally, Biden should win, then find he has to resign for "age related health reasons", and thus leave Harris as President.

No kidding Obama is a orator not a Carney showman

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 22, 2020

“Empty vessels make the most noise”....that old adage is my take on the constant outpourings of semi-coherent verbiage from self proclaimed genius Trump! The comparison between the erudite and learned prose of Obama and the infantile drivel of Trump is stark in its contrast!

How comprehensively I agree!

@Petter I thought you might!

I miss complete sentences more than I ever thought possible......

Me too. Who'da thought?

Funny how they are bringing out the reserves and keeping the quarterback in the basement for the biggest game of the year. Biden hasn’t been in public for a week.

You don’t think there’s a reason for that???

Ummm, huh? Maybe if you emerged from watching Faux in your Mom's basement you would catch a glimpse.....

@AnneWimsey Hahahaha

I miss having a real, human, intelligent, kind, compassionate, ADULT president.

As Obama wraps his speech to a chorus of honks and applause, here's a roundup of some of his best lines and zingers:

Can you imagine if I had a secret Chinese bank account when I was up for re-election? You think Fox News would've been a little concerned about that? They would've called me Beijing Barry!

For eight years, Joe was the last one in the room when I faced a big decision.

We literally left this White House a pandemic play book that would have showed them how to respond before the virus approached our chores. They probably used it to, I don't know, prop up a wobbly table somewhere.

Republicans tried to repeal or undermine [Obamacare] more than 60 times...they keep on promising we're gonna have a great replacement. It's been coming in two weeks for the last 10 years. Where is it?

With Joe and Kamala at the helm, you're not going to have to think about the crazy things they said every day...You might be able to have a Thanksgiving dinner without having an argument.

They understand protesting against racial injustice...is the most American thing. That's how this country was founded - protesting injustice.

That's what voting's about. Not making things perfect...but so a generation later we can look back and say things got better now.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:545571
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.