Agnostic.com

6 8

LINK Oakland events space continues to hold big events while city officials do little to stop it

What the heck? Never mind the venue, how does attending superspreader events like this jive with "humanist" at all?

Stay healthy folks, stay out of humanist halls.

prometheus 7 Oct 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No use trying to reason with people who have brains of a mule.

I would not attend a Trump event of any kind even if he was not a superspreader. If this is out of context it does fit the election circuit.

Stupid is as stupid does.

And stupidity cannot be fixed.

Because people attending are fucking morons?

Agreed. But fucking morons should not be empowered to exploit other fucking morons. IMO that's one of the prime roles of government - save us from our own stupidity, or others. Science and reason are not perfect but they have a path to self correct, minimize damage, and goal seek to good outcomes.

@prometheus or take initiative by protecting yourself from morons because the president we have is an asshole and won't do his job, government sucks up to his lunacy, so no moron without a mask and not maintaining social distancing gets near me. If I waited for the government to protect me under these circumstances, I'd be dead by now.

@Mofo1953 smart people do that but by definition of IQ around 50% are below average and a healthy percentage are waaaay below.

Other countries have governments that actually mostly do what they are supposed to do. Not all or even many by a long shot - government collusion and corruption is rife. We are among the greatest in that regard, if only because we could and should know and do better.

@prometheus or let Darwin continue proving his factual points.

@Mofo1953 well one of his factual points is that social animals with big brains and opposable thumbs do better than loaners. Our only mistake is that we now have the most successful social orgs subsidizing groups that have decided they want to self destruct. "Uniting" the States without actually giving any united benefit to them other than waging war and giving the most power to the least populace was either a dreadful mistake or a calculated parasitic take over of epically long term consequences no one saw coming until it was way too late.

@prometheus i wouldn't say only mistake nor no one saw coming.

Um, does not seem this person understands Humanist valves.

They don’t want to stop these events. They have far too much money invested in it. Never mind that any money will do you no good when you are six feet under.

They have plenty of outdoor space and many warm days and nights.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:545664
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.