Agnostic.com

20 11

Let's brainstorm snarky replies to the lame first message, "How is it going?"

"How is it going?" is a lazy question asked by millions of guys as a first message on dating sites. "How r u?" is another one. I groan when I see it. It's disappointing.

The problem is, it makes women keep the conversation going. Gives me the impression that the guy is lazy and uneducated. Reminds me of:

"How are you really?" my Mom asked when I gave a bland answer. "What do you want, my bowel movements?" I quipped. She laughed.

Today I replied, "Like millions of Americans, I feel stressed about the upcoming election."

In response, the guy deleted his photos and profile. HA! Another troll.

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

uncooked and aiming to remain the same.

I suppose one reason men are bad at starting conversations is that we NEVER experience any woman starting a conversation with us. For a species that learns by example, we are pretty much out of luck.

How's your belly off for spots?

Use it as a screen to eliminate the person, unless they follow up with something that shows more substance.

You can tell a great deal about someone by how they write, therefore how they think and the effort they've put into their communication with you. Starting with "hey" with nothing else is like the guys who scroll through pictures on a dating site and click like on every woman they think is pretty. No words, nothing else, just a like. Then they complain that the sites are lousy for meeting someone.

How's it going is lazy, but I sympathize. In that situation I think, maybe over think, that I don't want to use I too often, because it sounds narcissistic and that's not good. On the other hand, the other person probably wants to know something about me, so how do I tell something of interest to sell me. I don't want to say I'm afraid of heights because a stepfather drove drunk on narrow mountain roads when I was three, and I had nightmares about it till I was a teenager, so I can't tell about riding a cable car and standing in the middle with my eyes closed. I can't say that I've lived a boring life, tell me about you. Should I lie, to be interesting?

One recently put. "Hey." So I told him. " A product made of dried grass and herbs, usually used for animal feed, and written with an 'A'.

Strangely I did not get a reply, or like, and I was putting real effort into being helpful ?

I will share my "How's it going" story. So, I was on the fetlife app a few weeks ago with my new profile and thought I would look thru some ladies profiles that looked interesting and just say "how's it going?"

I figure, if I make an initial communication and it gets their attention enough to read my profile, they would respond if interested. I looked thru maybe 100 or so, of about 20 "how are you", I get this one reply: Hello there. Love your " about me"
Very witty and interesting.... Would like to hear more...

So, I responded, but had a problem with my almost finished "more witty" response. Typing on my phone I hit something that erased the message, I just ended up replying with: Thanks for reply. I had some few short lines typed and this message reset on me before I could sent. Now, I am retyping, which I do not feel so witty this time.

What really do you like to hear and what do you not like to hear?

She replied: Lol. I like to hear the truth and not bullshit
I'm an upfront person. I see no need in sugar coating shit. And I also like to hear nasty dirty talk ... What about you? What do you like to hear, and not?

I will not included my full response but show enough that explains why I haven't heard back.

First part of my reply: Truthfully, I don't like to hear "shit". I say that as pun and mean it in more than one way. I am not a big fan of a lot of cuss words. I think I mentioned that in my "about me".

Word Level 8 Oct 23, 2020

Ok, I will help you brainstorm. How's it going?

Word Level 8 Oct 23, 2020

Yet there’s a persistence that’s unfortunate for everyone involved. I’d almost find it interesting if it didn’t creep me TF out.

To the question, "Having fun": "I haven't had so much fun since the hogs ate my little brother".

All the suggestions are funny and I like them all but I think you should just respond with an equally lazy reply...

"Okay."

And that's it. Hit send. If he writes back just keep sending one word replies until he gives up. You're telling him to F off while exerting 0 energy or effort.

Hey, I had a guy on a dating site who's first message to me was....
"I want to sucks your toes"

Annnnd Block. Lol

"I am currently seeing a psychologist for all my mental health issues. I have microscopic colitis, a short fuse and a terrible temper. What's your problem?"

(Thinks ... "Tell me about your hot button topics." )

How r u? "I am disappointed that so many supposed adults communicate as if they were 6 years old." "I am convinced that your sexual performance would be as exciting as your introductory message. Good luck." Two options.

MizJ Level 8 Oct 22, 2020

@MizJ

Perfect. I laughed out loud.

"How's it going?"

Well, I'm gearing up for arterial by-pass surgery. Kind of anxious about that.
Anxiety throws my digestive system into turmoil. It's a really good thing there's no longer a toilet paper shortage right now.
I just killed a palmetto bug as big as my thumb, and I stubbed my toe while doing it.

Two truths and a lie. Which one is the lie?

How is it going with you?

😉😎

@KKGator

Hilarious! Thanks for the belly laugh.

True: You just killed a Palmetto bug as big as your thumb. And stubbed your toe doing it.

Lie: Getting ready for arterial bypass surgery.

@LiterateHiker Hmm. Is the KKK in @KKKGator telling me something that I should know about @KKGator? 😉

Edit: I am glad that I am not the only one to make mistakes like that.

@LiterateHiker Killing the bug and stubbing my toe is the lie.

@anglophone

Oops. Too many Ks. Will fix that. Thanks.

@KKGator Now that we know about it, keep us posted on the surgery so we can send you thoughts and prayers. You don't have to keep us posted about the digestive turmoil tho.

I'm glad I am not a white woman. Old white men, in general ate a bit dated in their viewpoint.

Challenging to find fellow peeps.

Interesting,looking forward to hearing all the ladies responses

@RoyMillar

Me, too. It's a letdown when I get an email from Fitness Singles:

You have have a new message.

Excited, I check.... "How r u?"

Not again!

"Is this just a superficial, pulp social inquiry, or are you really concerned about my physical and emotional well-being?"

(Swiped from Scott Adams' Dilbert comic)

@Paul4747

Hilarious! Thanks.

Wow, that was all it took, huh? I find that to be an excellent answer.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:545927
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.