Agnostic.com

2 2

"In the aftermath of the 2016 election, when the centrist Democrat Hillary Clinton had failed to beat Trump, the Democratic Establishment famously refused to do a post mortem to find out WHY they lost. Officially, their theory of the case was that the Russians had helped Trump win, and that the Trump base that elected him were an irredeemable group of racists and white supremacists anyway.

But in the backrooms and quiet hallways of power in DC, the Democrats knew differently. They knew that their failure to attract Bernie supporters may have cost them the election."

[euroyankeeblog.medium.com]

WilliamCharles 8 Oct 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If they had reflected on their failure, they would have come to the conclusion that their neo-liberal policies were to blame. Their corporate masters won't allow them to change their policies so they decided to engage in scapegoating rather than attempting to improve and become more attractive to working class voters.

Corporate masters? Democrats?! Holy shit that’s both rich and stupid as F.

@Willow_Wisp

Who do you think funds their campaigns and decides what will be on their platform?

@RoboGraham We do, $35 at a time, check the records or keep talking out of your ass. When corporations do give it’s always less than 75% of what they give the Republicans because companies want to be in good with any political environment but they prefer Republicans big time.

@Willow_Wisp

That's true for Bernie and the squad but the establishment... No they take the big corporate money just as the republicans do.

Why is it that 87% of democrats support medicare for all but it's not on the platform? Perhaps it's got something to do with the tens of millions of dollars that democrats receive from health insurance and pharmaceutical corporations.

@Willow_Wisp

Right, these big companies want to have control regardless of which party wins. So they give large sums of money to both parties to ensure that their interests are represented, at the expense of the people.

Just because they take a bit less than the republicans doesn't make it okay and it for sure does have a major impact on the policies they choose to support and the leaders they choose to elevate.

@Willow_Wisp - Wall Street has donated more to Biden than Trump this cycle. Biden's tally of billionaires funding his campaign exceeds Trump's as well if I'm not mistaken.

@WilliamCharles

Wall Street recognizes Biden as less volatile than Trump. They reckon they can rake in more billions under Biden. But really, they win either way, as always.

@WilliamCharles In that case Corporate America has turned on Trump and he should just go home, good riddance.

@Willow_Wisp - so... the purveyors of rapacious capitalism are good as long as they support the blue team?

@WilliamCharles No, I’m just following a deep intuition verified by historical facts that conservatives are fucking evil mother fuckers.
Two faced in the extreme, eager to find a single flaw to justify installing a dark empire of intolerance and suffering.
They jump on minor mistakes that aren’t qualified to be a rounding error for what they do all the time with great enthusiasm.
In my youth in Alabama many Democrats were Conservatives and I voted Republican.
It’s not about team red or blue, I never joined a party, it’s humanity verses fucking Conservatism.
If you’re a conservative fuck off and die.
It’s good versus evil.
I’m on the good side.

@Willow_Wisp

I agree with you about the conservatives.

Do you agree that the democrats serve the corporate interests more so than those of the people?

@RoboGraham
Compared to what?
The fucking Republicans?
No.

@Willow_Wisp

Sure, the republicans are worse. But I'm not talking about comparing. I'm saying that the democrats support policies favored by the corporations more so than they support policies that are favored by the people.

If that's not the case, why is it that 87% of democrats support medicare for all but it's not on the platform? Perhaps it's got something to do with the tens of millions of dollars that democrats receive from health insurance and pharmaceutical corporations.

There are many other examples. Legalization of cannabis, tuition free higher education, and cutting the military budget all have large majority support among democratic voters but the leaders oppose those policies. Coincidentally, the corporations also oppose those policies. I wonder why that would be?

@RoboGraham For me, it’s after the fact, like if you’re in a sinking boat that has engine trouble you stop the sinking, we can deal with the engine after. Trump has to be stopped, even TYT plays Lincoln project adds, trust me the Lincoln project aren’t our friends. I am a Progressive, but there’s a beast in the village and we need everyone to drive it out.

@Willow_Wisp

That's sensible.

But we do need to keep it in mind moving forward. If we want to make any progress in a Biden administration, we have to understand what we are dealing with.

Exactly, if Clinton had reached out to Berners instead imperiously assuming they were obligated to vote for her, she'd be sitting in the White House today. Blaming the Russians was cowardly and stupid ... and has now given Trump an excuse to use to claim the election was corrupted if he loses.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:546610
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.