Agnostic.com

12 5

Do you have 21st Century privacy concerns?

Satellites above our heads,
Computer tracking,
Credit card reporting...

What are some of your privacy concerns in this age of technology?

silvereyes 8 Nov 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

GOOD POINT! The secret is GO OFF GRID, SELF SUFFICIENT, OFF TRACK....preferably Freeman Sovereign

THOTH Level 4 Nov 29, 2017

Ugggg terrified...just realise nothing is safe or sacred any more

Oh yeah.... for example during a brief period of time before we figured out how this was happening it used to freak me and my late husband out when coming back from say... Walgreens and the thing I'd just gotten was in the ad ticker. Same with Amazon. I'd be on FB and know what everyone in the house had been browsing, odd sensation of being creepy AF!!! and funny at the same time.
It's really scary.
I used to have to be a trash digger behind my late husband once I figured out how easy it was to find out all kinds of things just based on an address
-_-
Personally would love to know how to be "web dead".

I am just glad that there weren't camera phones in the 90's and early 2000's when I was making some very poor choices. Ergo there is no video evidence of the dumb shit that I was doing.

The death of Net Neutrality is just another step towards a 1984 society where a select group if people control the access that the people have to information.

Yes. The ISP companies have the "right" to gather your activity on the WWW and sell it. (AND they don't give you any of that money!) Shop for an vehicle online and the dealership will know what you're looking for before you step in their door.

Yes, but on the other hand, if they are watching me, all is lost...

I don’t really like it but I guess if a guy doesn’t have much to hide it’s just best not to worry about it.

gearl Level 8 Nov 27, 2017

I think companies are just waiting for the right time, power, to evade being caught and then the ultra-wealthy will hack into everyone's bank accounts and pauperize us. Nobody will be able to figure out who did it because there won't be any govt oversight or investigational Bureau. They'll get our 401K money through WS crashes. They want our population to be utterly dependent on them so that no labor laws exist, any longer, and anyone who doesn't follow their demands are put in profit prisons. That is the ultimate goal because prisoners are forced to work without any pay at all.

Just read 1984 and you will see where we are heading. I think it will be much worse than Wells story portrays. All surveillance all the time. Like some digital god watching everyone.

I suprized that the book is still available

That was George Orwell who wrote 1984.

Yes. in the digital age, we tend to go with new technology before we can find a way to keep information secure. It seems a new company is hacked every week. The most concerning was Equifax, the credit reporting agency... one stop for everything a crook needs for identity theft.

Very much so

If I had any money or property that could be stolen or hacked I might be worried about it. 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5468
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.